Home

Dismemberment in multiplayer

Dreyfas

I need a bit help in Jedi Knight's multiplayer. I have the Jedi Enhancers 1.0 and I'd like to have the kind of dismemberment that you can have in SP, too. You know, when you hit a guy you can cut off MULTIPLE limbs instead of just one. What should I do, 'cos I've modified the jk2mpconfig.cfg a bit too, but I've yet to find this option. Do I need to add something in that .cfg or just modify some values? I'd appreciate any working advices in this matter.

Well the effect I'm looking for is the same as typing g_saberrealisticcombat 1 is SP, but for multiplayer. In Jedi Enhancers mod the single limb cutaway is on by default, but I'd really like to see multiple limbs flying, like when you hit a guy in the hands with the saber, you may hit his both hands off the wrists. Or when you split his torso, the hands will cut off too, if they get in the way of the saber.

SP:

g_dismemberProbabilities 0

MP:

g_dismember 100

cg_dismember 3

For the one for SP, valid values are 0 for excessive, 1 for normal, and 2 for rare. For the first MP one, it maxes out at 100, and the second one maxes out at either 2 or 3.

i dont know about the multiple limbs thing, been running a server since i started and havent heard about it, but you guys are missing one thing,

g_dismember is a server variable done by percentage so the value is the direct relation and tops at 100, the g_ means is a total game variable and can only be set by the server,

cg_dismember is a client side variable, cg_ for client game,

it is on a scale of 0-3 making it 300 still reacts just like 3,

thats about all the info on dismemberment i know of, i remember when there was 10 threads on this topic about a year ago!? lol

Archived