Home

Where are they now??

cgresq192

Does anyone have any info, pictures of the voice talent of both CMI and MI4? I've searched for Charity James and Dominic and haven't come up with much. Are cast interviews anywhere either? Also, where can I get the Monkey Island songs? Was a soundtrack ever released? Also was a movie ever talked about??? Any help is appreciated!!!!

I think escapeMI had some fairly extensive stuff on the voice actors when I looked at it a while back. Check when/if it goes back up. http://www.imdb.com will have some stuff as well.

Here is a picture of Dom.

You can extract MI4 music from your Monkey 4 disc one. Go to G:\Monkey4\MonkeyData\Textures\mego\B. All the music is there. Just use a program like Aren and change the file extensions from m4b to mp3. Its Poor quality, but what can you do?

I think you can use scumm revisited to extract CMI music. All of this stuff was up at the scumm bar, but its down.

A best of soundtrack was just released a couple of months ago with a couple of MI tunes on it. Check it out.

No movie. But come on, how good would it be. Not very. It's like saying "Lets make a Mario movie" or "lets make a Mortal Kombat movie". Oh wait they did. See my point. Best games ever, but please never make a movie.

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

Hmm with Scummbar gone, where are we going to find all this now.

Lots of the stuff the dearly departed Scumm Bar had was irreplacable. Some stuff we can get using extraction programs.

Losing rarities like old Amiga magazine reviews will be the what hurts the most.

Hopefully the Scumm Bar will remain in some form, as some have suggested, or failing that, I hope that other great sites like worldmi.com will step up to the plate and start hosting this stuff.

Even if I didn't visit the Scumm Bar as often as I used to, I always felt good knowing it was there. I worry that the considerable knowledge that that site held, mostly that people like us know back to front anyway, will be completely lost to new generations of gamers. sigh.

I suppose that it has been a long time since there has been a MI game that was universally loved, and little hope of one being released in the future. I hate to say it, but I guess it was getting a bit stale. But I'm rambling.

Oh by the way, Matt Damon as Guybrush, come on Neil! Are you kidding? Sylvester Stallone all the way!:laughing:

I dunno, Matt damon might work. Apparently, the Scumm Bar will stay up, they'll just stop updating it, so all the stuff'll still be there which is good because whenever I wanted somthing MI related, that would be the first place I'd go.

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

Apparently, the Scumm Bar will stay up, they'll just stop updating it, so all the stuff'll still be there which is good because whenever I wanted somthing MI related, that would be the first place I'd go.

Yeah, thats what I heard too. Hopefully thats what happens. It was definately a formidable source of MI stuff, my first port of call as well.

As long as it stays up as a museum of sorts, I'm happy. (edit: not as happy by far as I would be if the good folks over there kept updating, but more happy than if it dropped of the face of the earth.) Mojo is where all the news worth knowing about is anyway. I mean really, all the site was updating for the last while was bad fan art. Don't get me wrong, there is some GREAT fan art out there. Paco Vink is the greatest. But there is also some shocking art. (edit: this an exaggeration. I apologise. I love the Scumm Bar.)

Anyways, we can only hope for the best, or at least not the worst.

Originally posted by Andi Wan

Mojo is where all the news worth knowing about is anyway. I mean really, all the site was updating for the last while was bad fan art.

Oi! I was a news updater there for a year, and I never updated about fan art. ¬

Also, please direct any SCUMM Bar closing discussion to this thread, and keep this one on topic. Thanks.

Archived