Home

Jedi Council?

Darth Windu

Just thinking, i have an idea for SWGB2, so does sithy, so does vostok, and others such as luke seem to have an interest in our ideas for SWGB2.

Therefore i propose a SWGB2 thinktank conprised of members of this community and others discussing a possible SWGB2 (called the Jedi Council, hence the title) to produce a concept that would be acceptable for the majority of fans so that lucasarts have a blueprint of sorts should they decide to create a SWGB2.

Thoughts?

Wow, i didnt think there would be much of a response to this.

However just remember that the job of the council will be to produce a single (preferable) template (not fully balanced game coz thats impossible) that would be useful to lucasarts should they choose to make SWGB2.

Guest DarthMaulUK
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

We aren't the game the designers I don't see why we should put so much work in this.

It's always worth giving it a shot. LA do check out the forums and if I see any decent ideas, I will be passing them onto LA.

DMUK

Well it's a nice idea Windu, but I see two major problems with it:

:atat: Firstly, I've come to believe that even if we make the best game plan possible, LucasArts may be wary of looking at it due to the fear that one of us will sue them for copying our ideas. I believe a similar problem may have been what led to the AoM expansion not featuring Aztecs: too many others had come up with comprehensive designs for an Aztec civ, so to use an Aztec civ may have been viewed as plagiarism. Then again they may always have planned to release the silly idea of an Atlantis civ (even if it does conflict with what they set up about Atlantis in the original game).

:atat: Secondly, and this is probably a bigger problem... WE NEVER AGREE ON ANYTHING!

But I'm up for it all the same.

1. They can ask us nicely we won't sue them!

2. We almost never agree on anything...almost.

Anyway looks like everybody is doing his own template free from persecussion (except windu who is using a generic template). Hey let's have a little bet just for fun.

The template that ressembles the most SWGB2 or the next SW RTS gets some prize:D . Probably just honor and pride but still:rolleyes: .

In what way would the making of teh Aztec civilization be plagarism?

Sith, good point...we ARE agreeing that we disagree, but we do agree you have to admit. They're just ideas floating around that are bound to have disagreements. Not every conversation has to be agreeable.:D

If this makes no sense what-so-ever, I apoligize. I was woken up by a thunderstorm two hours ago and can't fall back asleep...thank god I have just a half a day of school...then it's vacation!

I disagree that we always disagree. Sometimes we agree that we disagree but then at other times we can all agree to agree, and of course other times we disagree a lot.

Having said that i think a group made of members with very different ideas is a good thing because then there will be many different ways of looking at things. I would also like to point out that i am quite happy to use the ideas and feedback of others in my idea, and have already done so with ideas from Vostok, Sithmaster and Corran.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

Great idea Luke's Dad! But how are we going to decide whose plan fits the final result best?

We'll see it then. It should be obvious. Besides, you only win honor and you'll show everyone that you've got an incredible foresight. Should be easy to decide.

JediMasterEd- There is no council and probably won't be any. We all have our own ideas and will post them free from long arguing (except Windu's templates) and free from persecution.

Sith - no. The job of the council would be to create a general outline of what the members of this, and other, boards would like to see. Hence, i would assume that multiple plans would be presented to the council, which would then be picked apart, altered etc until a single plan developed that all agree on....one plan to rule them all.....

luke - and its that sort of stupid, self-defeating attitude that will mean we never get anywhere.

The idea, if i need to explain it again, is that there is a group of members who develop a single idea for a SWGB2. I fail to see how this will cause a huge debate that will end up like the gunship thread.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

luke - and its that sort of stupid, self-defeating attitude that will mean we never get anywhere.

Nice... Windu calling anyone stupid is kind of funny to me for some reason...

The idea, if i need to explain it again, is that there is a group of members who develop a single idea for a SWGB2. I fail to see how this will cause a huge debate that will end up like the gunship thread.

It's COMPLETELY pointless... Because:

A: "Developers" are already paid for people making the games. Why would they listen to a bunch of (mostly) 15 year olds on a stupid message board when they have paid professionals who've done this before already working on it?

B: Like the gunship thread... after re-thinking this thought I've decided not to post it because I can't control my opinions in talking about Windu's nonsense and it'll turn into a flame war. However I feel a lot of your ideas are flawed in some fashion and you fail to listen a lot of the time to other people.

Another problem I see is that ideally it would be nice to have twelve members of the council, and I doubt we have twelve regular posters anymore.

So I guess we'll have to have less than twelve members. Or all regulars are members and non-regulars are not.

But then that sort of defeats the purpose... well, what exactly is the purpose? To decide on a good model for SWGB2? That's what we do already, isn't it? How would the Council alter this?

Archived