Home

Hey, A Movie!

And it's gonna be terriffic.

This item was just brought to my attention. Wishful thinking like this has happened before, but this time even Hasbro seems hopeful.

Personally, with the Big Names behind it, I think this might actually stand a chance --I'd hope the fanbase for Transformers is at least as big as the fanbase for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It's a guaranteed haul for the studios, if nothing else.

Hopefully this won't fall through, like the last one did (as noted in the Cinescape article).

Whether the script'll actually be good enough is anyone's guess.

And now, to whet your appetites:

cj_22461.jpg

NOT an official poster.

This definately stinks like a 5 week old barrel of fish guts...

From the looks of the poster, it does seem to look live-action, but damn...its going to have to be CGI -ed up the ass to even look photo realistic...but who knows, by 2005...anything is possible

NOT an official poster.
Not an official poster.

NOT AN OFFICIAL POSTER!

*ahem*

Given current "safety" standards, it's unlikely Megatron will become a gun. For the same reason G1 Megatron can't be reissued in the US, 'cause US cops are triggerhappy loons who will spray fire at a child holding anything that looks like a gun. :roleyess:

And Niner, more details as they become available. At the moment all we have is the Hasbro article I linked to. There isn't even a script yet, so it might not even get off the ground. On the other hand, the producers responsible for X-Men/X2 and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are involved, so I'd imagine that the success of LXG will play a part.

At the moment, we don't even know what generation it'll be. G1 just has the best brand-recognition, but for all we know, it could end up being a Beast-Era flick (which would still be cool IMHO). Most likely, it'll be a modified G1 story, much like X-Men's liberties with the X-timeline. Almost inevitably, it'll revisit the events of More Than Meets The Eye, for the simple reason of being accessible to non-transfans (every "franchise" has to start with an intro).

And yes, by "live-action" we're talking CG Transformers (and maybe just a little animatronics in the closeups) interacting with real humans (John Goodman as Sparkplug Witwicky, perhaps? ;) ) and mostly-real sets. Think Jurassic Park with machines. Or perhaps a cross between Jurassic Park, Fast & the Furious, and Top Gun.

At least, we hope. With our luck, it could very well turn out to be men wearing boxes a la Power Rangers.

Oh, and Nute: pick up Toyfare #72. Or just go here and check the attachments. You'll like them. ;)

Starscream as a Focke-Wulf 190? That's kinda cool.

And if they made a toy of that WWII Bruticus, I would totally buy it even if it means I would have steal money from nuns and orphans in order to afford it.

I always hated G1 Megatron. The tank incarnations are so much better. In fact, one of the reasons I tolerate Armada is that Megatron is a tank and Optimus' trailer doesn't just vanish from the face of the earth.

Word on the street (and by street I mean cnn.com), is that the movie will be the old school designs (they described Megatron as a gun). I just hope that Starscream is given a sane paint job though. I also hope that somehow, somehow, somehow they manage to license actual vehicles instead of pseudo-VW Beetles and F-15s.

Starscream (hell, any of the jets) would rock in old Soviet/US Red Hand colors (despite being F-15s):

mig-29-DDST8911772_JPG.jpg

Don't trust CNN.

They called us geeks. And their article's one picture isn't even an actual Transformer (it's the [non-transforming] Cyclonus PVC figure, who has about the same chance of appearing in the movie as Transmetal Primal does of hoverboarding out of my ass).

Guy who wrote that is probably one of those men-in-suits who hasn't thought about TFs since 86.

The G1 thing isn't surprising though --as I said, better name-recognition.

Or, as Zobovor just said on alt.toys.transformers:

More people will recognize Bumblebee and Jazz than Cheetor, Sideburn, or Hot Shot.

Archived