Home

N00B: Creating a Server

JediDrone

Hy all!

I'm trying to set up a server that is visible in the internet list in JKII.

When i create a server in my private home LAN the server is only visible in the "local" list. Not in Internet list.

Cause i've got a router which has NAT(P) i've had to open al the port that are used by the gamen and which are specified in the manual of JKII.

Do i need something extra to make it public to the world? I've explored the entire "create Server" screen(s) in JKII and went over the cmdlist to find something there, no results....at least i can't find one :p

can someone enlighten me?? :rolleyes:

:dsaber::dsaber::dsaber::dsaber:

My router settings are okay :) believe me

I've got 2 unix servers running and the both work just fine! ;) I know my router inside and out.

Alle outbound request are open and i have no firewall running on the pc where i want to serve the game. All inbound ports specified in the manual are open. But i did not trust it completly so i opend ALL ports for the JKii Platform pc. No result in the internet list. :(

Is it posible that when inside a lan the game does not appear in the internet list? 'cause it is already in the local list? therefor, i cannot see it but others can?

For this theory i have to set up my server and try to connect from somewhere outside my personal lan. I've not tried this yet so it could be the answer.

But personaly i think there is antoher problem. But i'm not quite sure what :S

Has anyone encounterd a problem simmilair to this one? And knows the solution? then plz repely :D

Archived