Home

My New Duel Map

SpiKeRs

I have made the first beta of my new duel map set in Bespin. You can download it here:

http://www.mallosworld.co.uk/karma_b1.zip

I also have a few pics (they are however from 2 day's work behind the beta):

bespin_01.jpg

bespin_02.jpg

bespin_03.jpg

I am aiming for a more moody, atmospheric feel to what you wud normally expect from a Bespin based map. Feedback would be much appreciated so I can work on beta 2.

I haven't had the opportunity to play-test your beta (my JK2 box is busy compiling my own map at the moment), but I will offer you one piece of advice based on what I see in your screenshots: don't be afraid to set your architecture apart from what Ravensoft defined as "Bespin style" in their Bespin maps. For a duel map, what I see here shows promise, but I'm not very interested in seeing the same old buildings and the same old columns and the same old bridges that we've seen over and over again. Try and be unique. Bespin is a big place, to be sure; I doubt the whole place looks like what we see every day in ffa_bespin, you know?

I just saw the special edition version of The Empire Strikes Back yesterday, it offered a lot of interesting extra ideas on Bespin, with all the extra computer generated parts they created. I kinda thought the whole style was a bit like 1950s New York in terms of architecture...big skyscrapers and older looking stuff mixed in. I think giving any Bespin map a unique feel apart from other Bespin maps is a great challenge, but it is a beautfiul place to set a map for sure, one of my favourite SW locales.

Archived