Home

Yellow Special DFA Force Bump Block Emote Slot 0

JayBaen

Hard to search for, or scavange existing forums for an answer on this one.

Has anyone yet found the answer to the yellow "block emote" bug that exists whenever a player is connected to a private "slot 0."

Is this truly just a forever glitch that's not going to be solved? It simply makes the use of private slots impossible, as the game play changes so dramatically.

Am I simply missing something that is configurable?

Just wanting to make sure I'm not insane and that others are experiencing this, as well as to find out if anyone may know of any progress on this matter.

Thx,

JayBaen

• 2 weeks later...

I will elaborate, as I get it on our server too... and I would dearly love to find a solution or have it fixed.

As peeps connect they are assigned a client slot... numbers 0 through, say, 15 for a 16 player server. The client in slot "0" will experience SEVERE lag-push everytime someone performs a yellow DFA and intentionally or unintentionally emotes or does something else to stop the DFA just after a player executes it... kind of an interrupted yellow DFA if you will. Lots of peeps have figured this out, and tend to ceaselessly do this and watch and laugh at the poor fool stuck in slot "0" as he gets pushed around the map.... It really sux when you're in a duel, and they start doing it to you.

I run JA mod on my linux server... I don't know if this is related to the mod or if it happens on a plain JK2 server as well. It happens with the Vulcanus Admin Mod as well.

Thx for sympathizing ...

I will tell you it's not just a Jedi Academy issue, it happens on any server when someone connects to Slot 0. I used to think that possibly it was just a Vulcanus based problem (from which JA mod is born), until I purposely played a few "non-modded" servers to be sure.

It not only affects the Slot 0 person, but everyone else's dueling. About the only thing we have found to band-aid the problem is to have a bot start when the server begins and get kicked as people join. The bot takes Slot 0 and leaves with it. As long as no one connects 'private' Slot 0 is not handed out (as it is reserved). The moment the first private slot is authenticated to, Slot 0 is given out and gameplay goes to hell -- for everyone, and esp. the poor Slot 0 fool.

It seems with this major an issue, someone from LucasArts would be looking into it, or at least responding. Is it just that we all have something configured incorrectly? If so, I'll gladly change it.

Any other thoughts or input would be helpful.

JayBaen

• 2 weeks later...

bump

and...

I'd just add that I'm not running our server for private clients. Slot 0 gets the beatin...

Is this happening on Win32 servers as well? If so I'd say a bug fix is in order... and hopefully it will get added to the Linux port as well.

Do LucasArts peeps cruze this forum and assist/comment here? Or is this merely a public self help forum.

Thanks for lookin!

For us it seems that either with or without a bot enabled it happens. In fact, we enabled bots as a band-aid to get around the issue from a non-botted situation.

It does happen on both Win32 and Linux servers.

Does anyone know how to get the attention of someone who has LucasArts ear?

(I'm hoping it's something that has already been solved for Jedi Academy ... but, if not ... it would be nice to let someone know before it gets released).

JayBaen

Archived