Home

The Obligitory Baseball All Star Game Voting Complaint Thread

Clefo

As an avid baseball enthusiast, I checked the results so far for MLB's All Star Game. And as usual when I check these things I found a few things that have kinda pissed me off

For example in the National League Catcher Department:

Player Team Total Votes

Lopez, J. Braves 410,630

Rodriguez, I. Marlins 395,927

Piazza, M. Mets 282,226

Santiago, B. Giants 266,350

Matheny, M. Cardinals 187,814

There are 3 things that have.. bothered me about this to say the least:

1. Ivan Rodriguez

2. Mike Piazza

3. The Lack of Paul LoDuca

I-Rod is far past his prime, in my opinion, and is playing for a Florida team that, to put it tactfully, sucks monkey nuts. As for Piazza, I don't know what the average All Star voter is smoking, but why the hell are they voting for a guy that its been known for a few months now that he's OUT FOR THE SEASON, and his team is worse than the Marlins! (For that matter, I noticed Roberto "Trade Bait" Alomar in the top 5 in second basemen)

On the American league side its.. mostly okay (Although I would take Bret Boone over Alfonso Soriano any day of the week, that might just be because I hate the Yankees though), but, as usual the average fan just votes for a name, and not for anyone who is, you know, good.

Lopez and Santiago definitely deserve to go to the All-Star Game. Piazza is just starting to wash out now. The Mets should sell him to a needy American League team like the Tigers as a DH and give them some finanical breathing room. For that matter, they should revamp their entire infield. Mo Vaughn has been a huge bust and Alomar plays like crap.

Lo Duca certainly deserves to be an All-Star as well. Selig's head will roll if he isn't.

Archived