Home

I'm a movie star (sort of)

WolfmanNCSU

Ok, so I went to the theators last night to watch Bruce Almighty. First off, this was a pretty good movie. Funny, and made me laugh. But here is the really cool part.

I was watching the previews for movies coming out this fall. One really caught my eye. Radio, staring Ed Harris and Cuba Gooding Jr. You can check out the movie and preview here.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/radio/index.html

Its about a mentally retarded man who helps with the HS football team and the coach who helped him and took him under his wing.

Anyway, while watching the preview, the story line really hit home. It reminded me of an actual event that happened to a HS near by when I was in high school. And then I saw it... "inspired on a true story." And then the name of the movie Radio, which was the nickname of the same guy who helped the HS that I know.

Now, this movie is not exactally the same, but the story line is completely taken from what happened around here. The school is different (although mascott is the same) and the time period and the location, but then again, this movie was only inspired by what happened, not based on it.

And the real cool part is that my HS played football every year against the HS this movie is inspired form. In fact, we usually play them at their home for their homecoming. I wonder if they keep the mascots the same for my HS too or not. If so, I wonder who will be the lucky actor who gets to play me. HA HA

Like I said, the movie is only inspired by what happened, but its still pretty damn cool, and its a really awesome story that happened in real life, so I am hoping that the movie portrays it really well. I know I am looking forward to it. Kinda cool how it hits home like that.

That's awesome!! :eek:

But is the rivalry between you too great enough for a clear mention in the movie?

You know how some movies skip through many games with a song or something...

But seeing as how you play them for their homecoming game, I presume both teams are important to each other...:D

Actually, we are not their rival, but we always play them for homecoming. Honestly, because they are a really good team year after year, and we are a good easy win for them on homecoming. Sad but ture.

Since the movie is only inspired by the actual real Radio, I highly doubt that anything related to me will be in it. But maybe the team they play for homecoming will be the "cowboys" then I can pretend to see which OL/DL guy is suppost to be me. HA HA.

But above all, it should be a pretty heart-warming story because the real life event really was too.

Archived