Home

best way to convert a .glm model to a .md3 without using milkshape?

rgoer

Sorry, "glm" and "md3" are too short to use as search terms or I wouldn't have posted this--I'm sure it's been answered a million times.

In any case, Milkshape is borked for me so it's out of the question. Is there another way to convert .glm models to .md3s? Specifically: I want to take a single frame of one of the player models .glm files and export it to a .md3 file I can use in a misc_model entity in Radiant.

Thanks.

Not that I know of, but there's a better way.

Make a func_train and give it the GLM for model2. The train itself should consist of nodraw and origin. The model will be drawn from it's origin to the center of the origin brush, so probably at the waist.

Check the loop spawnflag and plug in startframe and endframe of the GLM's animation frames. Open ModView, go to the frame you want, and use the numbers in the upper right of the screen. If you want it to be a single frame, simply use the same value for the start and the end.

Then there's the hard part. You may have to make clip brushes for the thing, which is really difficult without having the model itself there. :( A lot of guess and check...

Archived