Home

Radeon 7000 work for SWG?

FooManChoo

I have a ATI Radeon 7000 with 64 mb on a 2.1ghz HP with 512mb DDRM. I play WarCraftIII, Diablo 2, Black Hawk Down, Battlefield 1942 and other games with no problems. I don't know if it has the shading capabilities but it does support DirectX as a I have 8.1 on it now. Will it run SWG with relative ease or will it be choppy?

I can happily say yes your computer is pretty much SWG ready.

you wont be able to use some of the more advance graphic features that SWG has because you have one of the more low end Radeon cards, but as far as frame rate goes you will have no problems. :)

Thanx toolfan, now i just have to make the hour long drive to Software Etc to get my copies. My brothers computer has a NVDIA TNT 2 32 mb on a 1.9 P4 with around 640 SDRAM, will that do the trick also? MY frame rate on Diablo 2 runs are 75-90 fps if that helps any, my brothers is 60-70

and when you install SWG dont worry if you have Direct X8.1 because SWG will automatically upgrade you to Direct X9.0

I cant believe people still dont understand this yet either, you can upgrade to the latest direct X no matter what, even if your video card doesnt support it, that doesnt matter it will still work. :)

Originally posted by FooManChoo

Thanx toolfan, now i just have to make the hour long drive to Software Etc to get my copies. My brothers computer has a NVDIA TNT 2 32 mb on a 1.9 P4 with around 640 SDRAM, will that do the trick also?

the video card is to old. and do you mean 64mb SDRam? I have never heard of someone have 640mb of SDRam, is that even possible?

otherwise he is good to go also, just needs a new video card. I recommend a GeForce 4 Ti or Radeon 9500.

Archived