Home

Update Scan...does it take 20 mins for you, too?

p5mmr9

Just another..."am I doing something wrong" thread...

After I load up the game and agree to the user agreement, the game begins the system update scan. So far, this scan takes about 15-20 mins each time. Is that normal? Seems a bit odd for me to have to wait 20 mins for a game to load up every time i want to play it.

It's kinda weird, I'm starting to hate it also because I always have to go to it. It shouldn't even take 2 mins....Planetside uses the same interference and takes like 30 seconds...Though my best guess is because the servers are unstable. Ah I gave up on the servers. I'll probally try again either 12:00 AM or Tomorrow....Wait.....Wait a second 12:00 AM is tomorrow...whoops :p

Yea 2 mins or so...Not 20 mins though, If you got high speed internet it shouldnt take long unless somethings up with your internet settings (Cookies) The servers are really unstable right now, so expect to see a very big increase in performance later on...probally tomorrow or late tonight.

Its not the cpu I have a 1.2ghz and it does the check in less than 2min probably a min at the most... The only thing I see is possibly that ur hard drive is low on space... Check it if ur running XP u wana about a gig free or else it runs like crap.... Thats the only thing that makes sense

my specs are

1.2ghz celeron

512 megs PC133

180 GIGS of Storage space

Geforce 4 ti 4200 128meg

Win XP Home

People who say the cpu is everything are only half right.... My friend has a 3.06ghz with onboard video... I can run BF1942 WAY better the video card is ur best investment to an extent (dont go putting an FX series ur PIII 500) and if ur chip is 478 pin celeron u can go to 2.4ghz for around 80 bucks

Originally posted by DarQJeChTi

Hey whats the boot time on a 1.2 Ghz cerleron with 512mb pc133...I was planning on making a pc for my sisters bf and he wanted to spend only 300 dollars not counting the monitor :D

It boots into windows usually before the monitor tube warms up.... The Little XP bar goes by 4 to 8 times depending... It does great on games I havnt run into a game that chunks it... Maybe Galaxies once I get to actually play it lol... Im planning On getting a 3.06ghz desktop of ebay for 700 is the current price...

its not your computer that is the problem, twice I had to wait 20 minutes, and the last two times I logged on it was under a minute wait.

I think its because of the server problems

here are my specs:

Athlon 2200

1gig DDR ram

Radeon 9700 Pro

102gig hard drive

you can get around the scan, do the following

go to C:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Launchpad\SWG (if u installed the game to sony)

there should be a file named updatestatus.xml

edit this with notepad, and change the year to 2004.

load up the game, and no scan, saves alot of time, if u have a different version, then what is out, it will update.

Originally posted by leelatt

i click the edit button and get an error saying i do not have authorazation to edit this post, some message like that, i get a 404 file forbiden, my isp must be messed

well you can only edit your own posts... but im glad your trying... hopefully others will to.. i hate to close more threads :D

I vaugley remember, "quaters" i think, put up a post in beta about some of the devs where having the same issue with abnormaly long file scans.

It turned out that they had the drives on their machines set to a PIO setting rather than DMA. Upon changing these settings apparantly it fixed the issue.

Are there any other beta testers who remember quaters post about this?

Bish

Archived