Home

Map won't load!

RoxStar

I compiled my map I was working on so I could test it. After closing I realized I had forgotten to add the info_player_start enity. I opened back up Radiant and loaded my map. The only problem was, my map wasn't there! It says thirdmap on the blue strip above Radiant but my map wasn't visible. Can someone give me a fix? After my maps compile none of them have a .bsp file if that has to do with anything.

If none of your maps have a .bsp file after compiling, you can't play them. The .bsp file is what's loaded when playing the game. I take it you still haven't read any of Rich's tutorials, eh? :disaprove

Like Semitriclen suggested, you can try loading the .bak file for your map to get it to appear, but if your map isn't compiling, you've got an error or a big leak.

Originally posted by Eldritch

I take it you still haven't read any of Rich's tutorials, eh? :disaprove

I took them all except the last one. I think I might have forotten to change Lucas Arts to lucasa~1 when I installed it. I'm going to try it again. Eldritch, do you know why he isn't making tutorials any more?

The installation program accepts spaces in the folder titles, so you shouldn't have a problem there. Like I said earlier, it's more likely to be caused by a leak. Load up the .prt file and check for fat red lines... if you see any, you've got a leak.

And as far as I know, Rich isn't making any more tutorials because of real life obligations. If you want some more links to tutorials, let me know. But I would master the basics (make sure to do the final project Rich assigns for each section) and re-do Rich's tutorials until you understand WHY everything works, not just HOW it works.

Archived