Home

Anyone Else's Game Choppy?

tonina

I'm running into a lot of choppiness in the game. Sometimes it is almost like a slideshow (rarely though). I'm running it on an Alienware Area 51, 3.0Ghz, ATI Radeon 9700Pro, 512mb Ram, Windows XP. I run every other program, online and off, at the max detail but this one I can't. Any ideas?

even in the US you can still get lag. im on cable modem and I still lag everyonce in a while. like I said in my previous post, the servers arent completely stable yet. once everything is fixed this game should be lag free.

dude c'mon every by now knows that NO computer can run SWG anywhere near the max. Most likely your experiencing the lag because:

1) You have the graphically setting way too damn high. Read the FAQ, i believe they give a good estimate on what a high range system (2.5+ ghz) can do, or one of the sister sites can help.

2)Like everyone said the servers are still unstable at times...

Geez another R.T.F.M. post or R. T. F. F.A.Q. sighs

If you have the detail settings all the way up, the computer has to know about more NPCs, players and buildings in the area - so, since the servers are already backlogged a bit with movement and such, moving outdoors is going to lag. A quick way to check and see if that is the problem: Go inside a starport or cloning facility. Since they aren't very busy with player characters, the system will begin to respond much faster within a few meters of the entrance.

:r2d2:

Archived