Home

Heart of Darkness

(not the book) :D

I was surfing to find any site for this game...and....nothing:)

even Infogrames-Atari now don't have it in their list of games...lol

does anybody know a site about this game, fan site, producer saying about it? something

i searched in the net and found nothing myself :(

Originally posted by DustCropper

Well MobyGames has something for almost every single computer game. They have a page for Heart of Darkness, featuring cover art, screenshots, reader reviews, and some trivia.

Based on their plot summary, "Your dog has been kidnapped by the dark world, and you must go and rescue Whisky," this game is certainly not based on the book.

Well, maybe the dog's name is Kurtz :)

Originally posted by MysterD

Well, maybe the dog's name is Kurtz :)

Well, Kurtz was to be rescued in the book in a dark world ("a jungle") this person never been to....

And in this game, a dog is to be rescued in a dark world.....

And we all know the film Apoc Now is based on the book, too. :)

Originally posted by DustCropper

Wow, the more I read about this game, the more I want it!! Apparently there's a demo out but every place I've tried links the demo to the same dead site. If anyone knows where I can download the demo, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me, thanks!

Another soul was taken :)

-----------------------

i searched for some time and found nothing :(

most sites have taken the link down...even those with many others on their list..:(

too bad

I bought this game a couple of years ago. It turned out to be really heavy on the arcade stuff. The intro movie was funny and well done and I had high hopes for the game. But after the game itself started I was severely disappointed.

I never got past the first 4 or 5 screens, but what I saw was like this: The game is a side-scroller platform game and you have to figure out how to get to the next screen. All the while you're assailed by black beasties which will eat you up. A whole flock of them will assail you once you get to certain points in the screen. Sometimes you'll be able to kill them all and sometimes they'll just keep coming - or a new bunch will appear if you return to that spot. There was one screen which had 3 trigger points for releasing beasties. You zap them with your gun by clicking on the monsters. They'll come at you from all sides, so often you have to switch directions before shooting.

The save system was non-standard. Instead of having normal saves, the game would auto-save and auto-restore you, but after you got killed 3 (I think it was 3) times, you'd be bumped back to the previous screen. Mess that one up and you'd be bumped back to the screen before that.

The deaths weren't gory or anything but there were just so many of them. I think the game had difficulty settings, but even on easy it was pretty hard.

I just got tired of having to click click click click click all the time. It's really an arcade game more than an adventure (or even an action/adventure). Maybe you'd enjoy it if you enjoy arcade games, but it got old for me really fast.

I really liked the game. Beautifuly animated and with interesting gameplay.

It's in style of old arcade-adventures, like Another World or Flashback (i think you can find them on some abandonware site)... meaning, there are classic platform elements (jumping, some shooting- but luckily no coins colection ;)) as well as brain teasers/puzzles. In general, much, much better then straight platforms.

Archived