Home

Tron 2.0 multiplayer demo

tron20logo.jpg

07s.jpg13s.jpg22s.jpg

A multiplayer demo for Tron 2.0 has hit the internet after being included on the cover CD of a print magazine. Extensive efforts to determine whether it was kosher to have posted this have not resulted in any sort of response, but with the list of mirrors rapidly growing, it seems difficult to call it anything but released at this point. The demo of Monolith's upcoming movie follow-up includes a light cycle tutorial level and a pair of MP levels (Conscript's Revenge—also playable solo—and Corrupted Sector).

Blue's News [June 30, 2003, 7:12 PM EDT]

The demo comes out to 161MB

3Dgamers.com

Worthplaying

Gamershell.com

Well yes and no. Just played around with it. The game doesn't look quite as spectacular as we were all projecting, but then this is a multiplayer demo, and many details otherwise turned up in singleplayer had to be turned down. I didn't really go into much of the disc match, just observed (which is cool, you can spectate onto the arena at actual matches). I've been trying to get used to the light cycles, which I love! But it's very difficult, with you having to turn at 90 degree angles, and at top speeds that split nanosecond could mean the difference between your opponent derezzing and you derezzing. BTW, sadly, the light cycle multiplayer is only limited to LAN, but you can at least play againts bots.

All in all, the gameworld looks dramatically different and exotic from what we've all been used to in first person shooters. I like the minimalist production design offset by the jawdropping lighting and almost garish but simple colours. The Lithtech engines are proving themselves to be reckoned with (Tron 2.0 is using the Triton engine, Hannibal will be using the Jupiter).

OMG! I just played more of it, but I realized I was only doing so on medium graphical settings. I turned them all on high and...... SHOCKED.gif!! The game really came to life. I spent several minutes in multiplayer just walking around flabbergasted, staring at other characters (players) and telling them how gorgeous they looked. LOL!

tabacco, did you get to free up the camera and gawk at your character riding that super light cycle up close? Absolutely breathtaking. Notice how he even casually looks around, like he was just cruising the digital highway. This game looks and feels unlike any other.

I'm getting a little better at the disc, and I'm really loving the light cycles. Let's hope the singleplayer campaign is great.

I played the demo at 5 in teh morning, and I looved the look & feel of the game, although it took me 3 matches to figure out how to use my disc it was loads of fun, especially the 'lobby' where you can spectate the matches going on

I played the demo at 5 in the morning, and I looved the look & feel of the game, although it took me 3 matches to figure out how to use my disc it was loads of fun, especially the 'lobby' where you can spectate the matches going on :)

This game is on my wishlist of the year, right next to HL2 and Deus Ex 2 :)

Archived