Home

LaunchPad.exe problems

rbrtndrws03

Hi,

I'm new to Star Wars galaxies, but not new to online gaming. I have been having some trouble with getting my game to work. The first time i tried to play the game (right after install) it worked fine. It updated, and then i clicked play.

Then, the next day when I clicked on the SWG icon on my desktop it came up with an error that said, "LauchPad.exe has encountered an error." With that, I went into C:/Program Files/Sony and I found LaunchPad.exe and deleted it.

Next, I autoplay'ed my SWG CD1 and clicked 'Repair', which installed a new launchpad.exe. after repairing, I clicked on the icon and the game worked, but i had to reinstall the updates.

Now, every time that i play SWG I have to repeat this process for it to run. Can someone tell me what's wrong here?

BTW, if it helps here's my pc specs:

2.24 GHz P4 Processor

256 MB RAMBUS PC1066 Ram

GeForce 4 Ti4200 128mb Gfx Card

TDK VeloCD Drive 32/10/40x

Windows Xp Pro

Please Help Me with this problem...

Thx,

Robert A. (swg user: rbrtndrws03)

:dsaber:

*edit*-fixed specs

I'd ask the troubleshooting mods in the troubleshooting chat after you load up the game and before you press the play button there is the option to chat. THey know the problems well and know ways to beat them out. Also send an e-mail to tech support.

We arn't tech support here tho we do know some problems run into...I havn't got a clue on this one.

Archived