Home

Indiana Jones and the Strange Version of Fate of Atlantis

ATMachine

While mucking around with Google, I came across a website, apparently in Japanese (judging by the web address), called LucasArts Adventure Island.

As I can't read that language (and it displayed incorrectly for me anyway), I just looked around at the screenshots on the site of LucasArts games.

The page for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis caught my eye because the first thing I noticed on the title screen was a copyright date of 1995, which is later than any version of FoA that we have here in America.

So I scrolled down and found that the screenshots are indeed from an Asian version, and that the interface format has been totally rearranged. The horizontal item alignment looks like the early version of The Dig that The Dig at Mixnmojo used to have screenshots from.

Can anybody tell me if that is indeed Japanese, or whether it is Chinese or Korean? Or do you all know anything else about this version?

On an unrelated note, you can see screenshots of the Japanese and American Nintendo versions of Maniac Mansion here.

Its the Fm-Towns version, which as you might know was a Japanese pc based computer/console made by Fujitsu. There were also FM-Towns versions of Last Crusade, Loom, MI1, MI2 and of course Zak McKracken. Theres screenshots of most of them on that site if I remember rightly.

Archived