Home

EV Nova PC to be released in the next days!

The PC port of the splunktacular Mac game EV Nova, the threequel of Escape Velocity, is, according to this news piece on GameSpot, to be released this week. For those unknowing, Escape Velocity and its sequels, Override and Nova, are shareware, space-exploration games inspired by Elite and Star Control with lots of non-linear missions and a storyline in accordance to what faction you decide to show loyalty to through-out missions.

evnwin_pic2.jpg

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Movie

You'll be sure to hear more from me as soon as this thing's released. Enjoy the screens and movie.

Yeah, I've heard of Ur-Quan Masters, but this game isn't a remake of Star Control or anything like that. The combat system, for example, is quite different, and I don't remember but I don't think you could do hostile takeovers over planets in Star Control. EV Nova let's you do that. :D

Also, if you register the game you get the first two games for free, as plugins for EV Nova. Oh, yeah, plugins are what makes these games last so friggin' long. Anyone can make them, and some have made whole new storylines available online as plugins.

Archived