Home

This XP system sucks

Lord_Vessen

The devs have screwed up the damn XP so much I can barely lvl up! Now the more damage you do the better your XP! So all the weak people are screwed for now. I mean since I'm unarmed I can't do as much damage as a blaster, yet. I hope they fix this soon.

I have a lot of respect for brawlers. You chose a challenging profession. Don't get discouraged about leveling up so quickly to do more damage. Try strategies to take on creatures that you can handle (Green & Blue dots). Also try to get in groups of balanced players (marksman, scouts, medics), you do more damage in numbers and you can gain more XP. My best advice is to be patient, enjoy the game for all that it has to offer. Once you start to gain experience things will become easier and will be more enjoyable. And as you gain experience and new weapon certifications don't hesitate to obtain the new weapons. They will help you immensely! Good luck and keep the faith!

Well what is it? b/c if its how vessen is saying then its going to be really hard to get anywhere. But that also means that all the higher lvls can just go to the smaller animals and one hit them and get more xp (which would lead to the lower levels not even getting to hunt)

I thought it was like this:

Experience isn't earned for how much damage you inflict in one shot. It is earned by the number of shots you've made. :)

In real life, who will get more experienced?

The one who takes only one shot at each target?

Or the one who uses multiple shots at each target, thus practising his skills more? ;)

I understood it was the same in SWG. The more shots you make, the more XP you will gain. Atleast that's my experience.

It's not related to number of shots taken. Quite a few times I've let auto attack kill creatures using a lot of shots which gives the same XP as when I use power shots to bring them down in half the amount of shots.

Its based on how much damage you deal. Examples:

I started out as unarmed and I always grouped with my Trandoshan brawler buddy. Anyway, i'm Mon Cal and at the time I didnt realize how much he would SUCK at brawling. Then I found out he was getting like 220pts xp when i would get like 80 for a mob. He was hitting at like 100+ and me at like 35. Another example--krayt dragon hunt. I was shooting that thing like a mad man, but so were like 50 other people. I got 0 xp when it died when others got a few hundred.

It's not related to number of shots taken. Quite a few times I've let auto attack kill creatures using a lot of shots which gives the same XP as when I use power shots to bring them down in half the amount of shots.

Yes, but how many times did you actually hit it in each situation? :)

I hate the damage thing too...cause I keep reading about how Mastering a starting profession won't be too difficult...which if it takes time, that is fine by me.

But mastering a Hybrid or Elite profession will take an exceptionally long time with the current XP system. Which is maybe what they want.

Games like DAoC and UO force you to take a long time...Planetside, EQ, and Shadowbane all made it so you could level up quite easily because they wanted massive PvP battles of "epic" persons.

SWG is kinda in between those ideals.

ALright it seems people are arguing the same thing.. I do not believe it's based on how many shots you take at it, I think it is based on how many times you hit it, thus the more times you hit it equals more damage, so why don't was just assume it has to do to how many times you hit it and how much damage you do... see I can compromise :p

Well I'm afraid its damage you do. On Lok the other day I was hunting with a player. He had a pistol which did about 500 damage tops. He was killing LangLatches which can me hit once and killed. He got 400 XP a kill for these little weak creatures that run as fast as you crawl! I would kill them in one to two hits and get 13 XP. I wish they would change this or at least lower the amount of XP needed a tiny bit.

Im the Trandoshan Devlyyn was talking about, XP is based on ur damage u do to the animal. Example i hit for about 600+ now, and im getting good XP. It really comes into my advantage when i tackle Red Con animals, I hit them about 5-6 times and they dead. Gaining about 600=2kXP and im just on Tyrena hunting atm.

Im the Trandoshan Devlyyn was talking about, XP is based on ur damage u do to the animal. Example i hit for about 600+ now, and im getting good XP. It really comes into my advantage when i tackle Red Con animals, I hit them about 5-6 times and they dead. Gaining about 600=2kXP and im just on Tyrena hunting atm.

Not to get picky here, but I thought we just agreed that it's not how much damage you do per shot, but how much damage you will have to do in order to kill the animal.

I can make the same amount of XP for the same creature as you kill with my mediumbarreled E-11 with max 108 damage per shot, as you do with your weapon with 600+ damage per shot. It will only take me longer and it will be much harder for me to stay alive until it's dead than it is for you. :)

nope how much damage u do TOWARDS the animal. another reason why i get more XP is that im unarmed. I can punch faster than u can fire. Run some test ur self. Get a brawler and both of u take out an animal, see how much XP u get compared to the brawler.

Archived