Home

Umm please help an old time player out :D

taz2611

OK then, Iused to play JKII a lot, but it was a fair old while back now, (hehe i remember arguments about bowing before a duel and the fact that people argued over whether they should do it or not ( do you all still do that ?? i hope so ) ) , basically i played it from when it came out, and i am now returning to the fold as it were, *sigh* i missed my saber :D

However the crux of my question is this, when i used to play MP i had a bind that made me sit in the meditive position thus either informing people i was away from the machine or i was just watching a fight and didnt want to get hacked to bits whilst doing it. I think i used a bind something along the lines of /amsit, and i used to use some fancy spin move whilst waiting for a duel /amspin i believe. There were others too but i cant remember them, ( if anyone can jog my memory on these as well i thank you )

However whilst looking through these boards for the exact syntax of these binds all i keep coming up with is download this mod or another. You never needed a mod to do this when i used to play so what gives ??!!!??

If anyone can please clarify this for me i would be very grateful, who knows i may even give you a cookie :D

Thank you for replying, but how comes all this needing a mod thing to do something that was already in the game has come about??

It just seems to me a bit of a weird situation, or did the various srver admins disable them as standard on their servers and thats what made people need to download a mod.

As far as I know, the server has to have the mod running before you can do it, i don't think the player needs the mod but the server has to have it on. :)

I think JK2 always had the actions in it (actually pretty sure), just that they were never given any way for the player to actually use them but the mods sort that out and just make them bindable.

Basically you gotta find a server that runs an emote mod :p

However, using amsit thingies is frowned upon my most of the community in most ffa servers.

Archived