Home

FPS turnout?

disposition

Greetings.

System wise your fine :)

FPS wise will vary depending on a few details..

1) your internet connection * 56k , cable etc *

2) where in the SWG world you are.

For example.... if your out in the wild you will tend to get a better FPS ** its capped at 30fps from what i have read but not verified *.. in the cities areas you can go anything from 5fps to 30fps.. it will vary on people in area , graphics in area , current lag ..

Most people find it fine and dont seem to drop too low.

If your fps drop realy low check your lag , check any progs running in the background * they can slow up your pc and therefore slow up SWG *..

:)

Lag isn't caused so much by your connection with this game, so playing on a good and stable 56K is fully possible.

Lag can be caused by several things other than your connection:

Weak CPU

Low RAM <-- this is the most commen reason for lag by many people, but they think it's the connection ;)

Poor 3D card

etc.....

Basically, anything in your computer can cause lag. So telling someone to check their lag is rather vague. ;)

As for your specs, I have the same CPU and brand, but with 786mb and a ATi Radeon 9700 Pro 128.

Now, you might get alittle better preformance than me, or lower if you are running Win XP, but medium settings seems about right. :)

If you are running Win XP, then I suggest boosting up the ram to 1024mb. That's what I hear. I will get another 256mb on Monday, so I'll know for sure if it will help alittle more than my current amount, or if I've maxed out my preformance capabilities already. :)

You will be able to play with your current ram amount though. :)

I've played this game on a 2.4GHz CPU 256mb RAM, Radeon 9700 something (not Pro) and Win XP, and it went ok. :)

I think the more powerfull CPU helped alot though. :D

Greetings.

Totaly agree with Jan there.. its not just internet connection lag ,, but with your system you should be fine * within reason * and as you did not state what internet connection you had i went down that track.

Best bet would probably to start game up in low / medium settings and slowly increase them untill you have it upto a good enough standard for you personaly :)

I agree with Ravenzclawz.

But do so in the cities as that will always use most of your system.

MasterJo, Win XP doesn't slow it down, but it uses soooo much of the RAM to run itself. :)

I think it's 113 or 130, can't remember.

And that's like half of the ram just there if you have 256. :)

Archived