Home

First MI fanfic

Ryback

A question for fanfic writers around, if any are still lurking in the vicinity:

What was the first MI fanfic you ever read?

And, following from that, two more: what was it about the story that made you decide "Hey, I want to write one of these!" And if you didn't think this, what got you started?

First one I've read would be some of the short fictions added to Wordofmi.com last year, though I can't remember names.

My decition to write a fan fiction didn't come from reading others, but by the hope of gaining comments on my own writing, though I was horrible wrong with that hope.

The first MI fanfic I ever read was Aletheia's "Magic of Monkey Island" trilogy. I guess you could say they inspired me to take a few risky leaps in the MI fanfic world, but they weren't what got me started writing fanfic.

The first time I played EMI, I somehow had myself convinced that I could lose the final Monkey Kombat battle with LeChuck (this explains why it took me an hour to finally beat that part of the game). That led me down a path of thinking, "Well, what would happen if I lost?" which was immediately followed by, "And what if Guybrush and Elaine had a kid...?" and it all snowballed from there.

Wow Ryback, an MI fanfic I haven't read. Heh, and for a minute there, I thought you were talking about my fic (or, yet another MI fic named "Return to Monkey Island"). *facepalm*

Note to self: Next time...choose less ubiquitous fic title. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived