Home

Player Bountie's

-=ReApEr=-

I personally feel that the Game should have the option for Player Bounties. Let me explain why first of all, then how the system could work and the final outcome that the system could have. :)

Player bounties should be in the Game as it is part of the Star Wars Universe, it also adds more action for Bounty Hunters who must eventually get fed up of hunting the same creatures over and over again.

Now this would also make SWG feel more like Star Wars, after all that's what the Developers were aiming for. And besides what would Star Wars be without the rebels, the Imperials, The Bounty Hunters. ;)

Player Bounty’s it self, is part of the Bh's themselves, there origin there job. I personally feel it should be within the game, as it is something the Bounty Hunters do. Also it can solve a lot of current situations and problems. ;)

Now how the System itself could be placed within the game. Number one how Players can obtain there Bounties, We could have a few ways; number one the devs can manually add you to have a Bounty.

Number Two; If you have say -2000 faction points with Jabba you could Automatically gain a Bounty. After all would Jabba really let you get away with killing his own men?

This can maybe only apply to more less forgiving factions, Jabba, swoopers, Imperials, Rebels. Whatever you can decide upon, this is just what i think and my ideas.

Another way to get Bounty’s is, If you file a ticket to the Devs and CSR'S about a scammer. E.g. A smuggler runs off with your weapon etc.

If it is investigated successfully, then the scammer gets a Bounty or the person who got scammed can pay a Bounty hunter a agreed price to 'knock the Target off'. :D

And finally one more way is if you fail a mission and it has a Bounty Attached to it. You took the risk, now you must pay right? :)

Now Bounties can be accepted in many ways, one from bounty hunter mission terminals. Only a certain level can accept them though, I’m thinking expert or master.

The reason for this is to stop a large amount of players coming Bounty Hunters, and killing Players with Bounty's just like that. This is meant to fixed problems; go along with what Bounty Hunters are.

And make Bounty Hunter's them self work for it. Or the Devs can invent a system, Csrs email the person the Bounty If they want it they got a time limit to go kill the target if they don’t want it they leave it. ;)

This is only rough ideas mind you, i myself Am almost a novice Bounty Hunter and would like something to work for and have some fun within this profession. Player Bounty’s can make this profession even more.

Along with this, Makes Star wars more star warsie. And obviously will be a better way to deal with scammers then banns. :D

That's my two cents anyhow, i hope you enjoyed reading.

Neoc Cryur, Master Marksman, Future Bounty Hunter.

I agree completly, i havnt installed yet, but imgoing to do so today. I thought there were player bounties, that was one of the reason i couldnt wait to become a bounty Hunter. I may have a slight career change now.... I dont know.

... but somewhat impractical at this stage in the game. Here's a few reasons why.

1) Payment. In order to place the mission, you'd have to set up some way for a player to set-up mission and payment. Then, on top of that, you'd have to set an NPC (the droid) to go hunt down a non-fixed object in the game. NPCs, although they move around, are generally fixed to certain areas. Players can just keep on running. And seriously, with the payment on the missions being as low as it is, who is really going to want to put the effort forth to complete the mission. Maybe you, but I can't see the ends justifying the means.

2) Combat. In order for you to kill another PC, you have to Duel or he/she needs to be opposite faction with a TEF flag. For BH's to be able to kill random or specified players, they'd have to make BHs able to shoot anyone regardless. This type of change would bring pkers to full bear on this game. And trust me, we don't want those &*%&$*#$ers around. I've had enough of games where people will kill you just because they can. You'd have BH's sitting in Starports just waxing people for fun, and then the language filters would burn up trying to keep up with the complaining. We don't need an AC2-like PvP revolt.

3) Unabridged stupidity. Think about it. "Hey, that guy winked at me! Where's the bounty hunter terminal?" The sheer amount of stupid bounties for low-balled prices is just going to fill up space on a laggy mission system.

I like the idea, but in theory. The only way I could see it working if it was set up as a roll playing aspect of the game, completely separate from the NPCs. That way you'd be dealing directly with players for payment, locations, whatnot. Have it set-up where BH's have a special command that let's them create contracts. That way if you don't pay him the agreed award for the mission, he gets to do what any good BH would do when they get underhanded... kill you.

Ach'leigh Seinnhai

Bria, Talus

I thought this is the way the game is going to be played out. Bounty hunters on NPC's and PC's. Especially Jedi's! There will be a good chance that there is a large amount of money on the head of a Jedi. Making the life of a Jedi extremely hazardous. If a bounty hunter is good enough to take out a Jedi, then that is his ultimate goal! Read the Jedi section on this website. It talks about the challenges of being a Jedi and bounty hunter. :fett:

Archived