Home

Most Powerful profession: Creature Handler

Montrose

So far from my experiences so far the Creature handler is hands down the most powerful profession in the game. I have been spending time in the small rebel town of Anchorhead, using it as a home base for my travels. And now most of the time imperial creature handlers camp out looking for overt rebel characters. They are accompanied by Rancor monsters, 3 or 4 huge spiderlike creatures, and just plain "killer" type of beasties. These CH's are unchallenged and reck havoc, killing all rebels that spawn. Being a covert rebel, I have learned not to fight back and ignore them, because if I do, it means instant death for me in one attack! I would think the rebel CH's are doing the same thing in the imperial cities! And I just realized that these pets won't die permanently if you kill them. The CH's just make a camp and another Rancor pops out! I wonder if you get a massive amount of people to attack these pets and kill them, that you would get the xp? Does anyone know if you do? If not, I would sure hope that somebody would fix this so that we did!

i myself is a creature handler. they r powerful with their creatures, but not so powerful that they cant be stopped. use warning shot on the creatures, that will make them run, kill the CH and then finish the creature. rancors r overrated, but dont try a headshot they r resistant to it.

Interesting information...thank you. After the warning shot or threaten shot how do you defeat them? It seems virtually impossible to do it alone. I would think you would have to have a large group of people attacking all at once. Does anybody have any advice on how to defeat a Rancor or "killer" beastie, if you are a bawler or use melee weapons? Can some one explain why Rancors overrated?

Hey Montrose,

After Warning the creature and getting it to run you then concentrate your firepower on the CH themself. Then after the CH is down you can finish the creature itself at your time.

If you just PVE or PVM you need to watch out because depending on the ferocity of your creature the attacking creature can sometimes re-target onto you.

I myself am also a CH, but I have been avidly fighting for some type of system to weaken the profession as it is just not fair.

Suggested fixes I have proposed:

1) Slot system. Each creature has a number of slots required to have it out. A Master CH would have the same three slots it currently has, but creatures like Rancors would take up the full three, while medium size creatures 2 and small creatures 1.

2) Only one large creature. This system just limits the big monsters. Still easily abusable, but far easier for the devs to code.

Can people just stop complaining already? WE DONT ALL HAVE RANCORS AND UBER CREATURES!! why the hell does everyone who isnt a CH assume this is why we're creature handlers?? I hate that. I became a CH so I could collect creatures, not for combat. I'm novice rifelmen and am focusing on that much more then getting strong creatures :burn1::burn1::burn1:

CH are not the most powerful profession. Yes they can be very powerful if used properly, but when a CH somes face to face with a Bounty Hunter.......I pick the BH. I am just a Novice Bounty Hunter right now and I easily took out 2 overt Imperials and their huge Razor Cat by myself last night. I can't even imagine a CH being a huge threat to a Master BH.

BTW, you Imperials have got to stop coming to Coronet.:D To those of you I just ticked off, I'm on the Radiant server.;):fett:

:mad:

I am currently a Novice CH...

I bought a rancor for 25k, and all of a sudden, on my first day of CH, I am now 8 times as powerful...my rancor, even after being nerfed, does around 480 damage.

This is SO unfair...but it rocks...:D .

BTW, they did fix that CH thing...rancors take up 3 slots...etc.

ANother thing is if you are in a faction you can have something more powerful than a rancor without Creatuer Handling skills. I dont know about rebels but If you save like 9000 faction points you can buy an ATST wich does 1000 dmg per hit.

I just became a CH today.

Deft being my guild leader, knows this

I am not a powerhouse with 3 rancors. Infact. I doubt I will ever use a rancor. Because it is so sterotypical of everyone. Oh look. Novice CH... must have a rancor or three. It is stupid. Not all of us want to go out and kite everything we see. Some of us actually -are- playing the game just to have fun.

As for BH. I see them as being the strongest profession.. right now. But as time goes on. I can see a big nerf comming for them. Everything that has happened to creature handlers I agree with. Especially since I myself am one. BH from my point of view need to be powerful because evidentally they are the only ones who can stand up to the soon to be Jedi. However. Right now there are no Jedi about. And BH own everyone and everything. Comeon. When you can solo on Dath or Endor. There is something wrong. These are the most powerful creatures in the game. And suddenly your a novice and can kill everything? Way unfair from my pov.

Everyone to their own. I like to fight. But I love to tame. So. I took on a Creature Handler Pistoleer Profession. And I am quiet satisfied.

Remember people. Alot of us, are not those rancor users. Alot of us like Deft and myself just want the game to be fair and fun to play.

just because somebody can solo on dath or endor dont mean anything. im no bounty hunter, and i solo on any planet 9my fav being dath), even without my pets. everything takes strategy and patience. is bounty hunter to strong...i dont think so...no strong than creature handler. and rancors are not really that uber. if u got a strategy that works stick with it. i hunt rancors on dath...i use my probot and pet sometimes just to speed things up, and all the special attacks tend to wear down my action bar. i also choose not to use rancors or sand/sludge panthers because everybody seems to have them. i myself dont even have anything special, being just a novice i can only have 2 pets right now. those pets r a piket from dantooine...good but nothing special, pleasing to look at. i also have an ikopi so i can get CH xp quicker by thowing him in the battle right before i kill the target. get off the rancor subject people, some want to be different than everybody in the same profession. some choose to go for what they think to be the most intimidating creatures...in the end, it comes down to the fact that they r gonna do what makes them happy. if having a rancor, which at one time was a sight to many yet now is a common thing, then let it be.

Archived