Home

Language reset

jabberbucktooth

SWG should reset all languages so that everyone only knows what new avatars know. Then they should implement a feature where it takes time to learn a language; for example it may take 50 times of someone teachiny you bothese before you comprehend it. Each time soneone teaches you, you can understand a little more bothese, i.e. a % of the words typed. It take a significant amount of teaching to teach a language skill, so people won't want to teach someone a whole language in one setting.

As it is right now, everyone virtually understands all languages which makes the language feature basically useless.

I have heard rumors that they will do this. I don't think it should be as harsh as you say though. I mean, if I can learn the effective ways of hunting down people in one click, why should it take 50 to learn a language? There should be a SP cost too.

Like mark said, they should do this so Smuggler's Underworld I actually has a purpose (besides knowing Lekku).

[sexxxy_mark, you're a Smuggler too? You sexy guy you :D.]

I disagree. I think it should be this harsh. Its a lot easier learning how to shoot than a language. I mean, you need to craft a gajillion items to become master weaponsmith.

However, it would make sense if it was easier for smugglers...hence a benefit of being smugglers, but in order for this to be an advantage, it has to be difficult enough that by the time someone makes smuggler, they don't already know the languages.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the fact that languages should have some more functionality, and i do like the idea that you have to be taught a couple of times and would only understand a certain% of words. But on the flip side, communication is key and this game would be a lot touger if i couldn't understand anyone. Even basic transactions would be a daunting task.

Archived