Home

Anyone still plays Baldur's Gate?

DarthMuffin

I'm currently Playing Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow of Amn with the Expansion Throne of Bhaal. I'm trying to take one character from beginning of Baldur's Gate I and export him and play him through Baldur's Gate II and export him and play him through Neverwinter Nights. So far I have a 20th Level Sorcerer who kicks ass! :D

I've been thinking of getting Baldur's Gate for awhile... Don't know why I didn't sooner

Voice of Reason: Because you spent all your summer money from your Library job on Anime DVDs and a Joystick..

God dammit...

One thing about BG I'm not clear on: Is it one character and a henchmen ala NWN or a Party system

Originally posted by Clefo

One thing about BG I'm not clear on: Is it one character and a henchmen ala NWN or a Party system

It's a party System, you control the actions, level ups, inventories etc. of up to six members, but you can also set their AI scripts to limit micromanagement. All in all, I think the Baldur's Gate games were much more in depth story wise and in gameplay than Neverwinter nights ever was. So I say, go out and get a copy.

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

I'm currently Playing Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow of Amn with the Expansion Throne of Bhaal. I'm trying to take one character from beginning of Baldur's Gate I and export him and play him through Baldur's Gate II and export him and play him through Neverwinter Nights. So far I have a 20th Level Sorcerer who kicks ass! :D

You can't export your BG2 char in NWN. It was too difficult since NWN uses 3rd edition rules, abd BG uses 2nd.

I also agree when you say that BG is better than NWN. Neverwinter is good, but IMO, BG has a better replay value.

Originally posted by Clefo

I ordered BG2... Decided to start there... Should come by the end of the week (if not UPS will die, I NEED something that will last the rest of vacation and beyond)

Don't worry about the lenght, it's LONG.

Last summer, I was playing adictively (sp?) each day (we're talking about an easy 4 hours here) and I was at the last chapter of SoA after a month (and I missed some quests too).

I don't normally triple post, but seeing how I'm too lazy to edit and I have no reason to spam:

I got BG2 yesterday, turns out stupid Interplay never updated my order... Great fun, BG2 is, got a Level 9 Inquisitor Character going..

*Idea* We should try to get a mp game started or something

Archived