Home

Windows System Shut Down

Necr()sis

Hi, if someone could post a message to let me know if they have heard of this problem or if they are experiencing it...I would really appreciate it.

Recently, while I have been playing SWG anytime during the game--doesnt matter when--I will just randomly get an error message box. When this happens, the game will minimize as if you pressed Alt + TAB. After this occurs, I will be back at my desktop with the SWG game minimized at the bottom on the toolbar. There will be a box in the middle of the screen. The title of the box says "System Shut Down" and inside the box is a lot of information along with the red circle containing the white X that you commonly get in some of the Windows error boxes. The information in the box says, "Windows is now shutting down, please save all your work as all unsaved progress will be deleted. This was initiated by NT AUTHORITY \ SYSTEM." Then there is a timer with apporx. 30 seconds on it giving you a countdown until the system is going to restart on its own. It then goes on to say, "Windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly."

After this occurs, my system restarts and I have to log back on to SWG. I have never had this error happen to me while playing this game before until just recently. Now it is happening almost everytime I get into SWG. I have reported this bug; however, I will not know whether or not this problem has been solved.

I would really appreciate it if someone could please try and help me out or if they know of anyone specifically I can go to.

Thanks

I used to get a lot of these. Try this:

1) Run a full scan on SWG in the launchpad, but do not run the game.

2) Run a virus scan.

3) Run a scan disk to check for HD errors.

4) Run a system Defrag

Following this your system wil run smoother, and a lot of the errors that you are getting should go away.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived