Home

Stuck at the ventilation duct

drkmagneto

(XBOX version)I'm stuck in the Cairn Installation doctking bay. You are supposed to jump from the Imperial shuttle to the catwalk, blast the ventilation cover and then crawl right in. Unfortunately, the ventilation duct opening sticks out further out than the catwalk. On the other end it isn't,but I can't jump up there. I don't have force jump which I'm sure would aid me in reaching it. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks.

Well, just to be sure, I went back to the trials and re-did them, discovering that I could jump no higher than before. I did not cheat. I don't see "Force Jump" in my inventory of force powers either. Did I miss something? The ventilation duct in question is accessible from two ends, except that one end, the hanger with lots of cargo boxes in it, ends before the catwalk runs out. I've tried jumping from the top of the shuttle and from the top of the boxes and achieved the same result; I can't get up to the ventilation duct opening. Any suggestions?

I appreciate the info, unfortunately the guide you listed is almost identical to one I have found before. That one, and yours, both say to "jump up on the ship and then to the catwalk, blast the ventilation duct, and jump in." As I mentioned before, when the ventilation duct opening in question sticks out further than the place you stand, it is impossible to jump into the ventilation duct. There is an access point to the ventilation ducts in another part of the level, which has a duct that is shorter than the catwalk, but I have not been able to jump high enough to jump onto it.

Thanks for the info. My problem was that I was trying to jump from an ore shuttle, not an Imperial one. Thanks a lot. I'm now dying repetitively trying to get from the one elevator across the chasm to the third one to ride down. Every time I try to jump, I never get across and die due to the fall.

Tips for that jump:

Jump while the elevator is moving down.

Start to run when the roof of the elevator you're riding is even with the bottom of the opening. (Start the run from the far side of the elevator roof.) Then jump when the top of the elevator is about a foot to a foot and a half lower the the bottom of the opening.

Adjust the timing depending on the results.

Try, try again. Sooner or later you'll hit the wall above the opening you're shooting for (hold down forward, and Kyle will slide thru).

Try it with and without force speed.

Archived