Home

Boring Color Guy 2004

Clefo

I bought me Madden 2004 for the PC yesterday, and all I can say in a professonal, unbiased, and articulate opinion: Wowie!

The best part, as is in all Madden games, is the Franchise mode, the most 2 notable improvements being: Owner Mode, and Training Camp.

Owner Mode is fun in the sense that you can theoretically pull an Al Davis every year and move the HELL out of your team, of course you'd lose a lot of money that way.

Training Camp is good because it allows you to beef up your player's stats before a season immensely, which is cool

How accurate is this game? Well I simulated a few seasons and here are some Super Bowls

Buccaneers vs Broncos (Probable, but I wouldn't bet on it)

Falcons vs Bills (Ditto)

Patriots vs Bucs (Considering the Pats were 14-2 in that season: No)

I didn't get Madden last year... but here are my impressions of this one.

Defending the pass is HARD! Friggin' curl patterns kill me all the time.

Training camp ain't easy by a long shot...

MUCH harder than 2 years ago. My Steelers made Chris Redman look like a friggin' all pro.

All I have to say is, I HATE PRIEST HOLMES! He F*ed my Charger's season. I mean...HECK, how can you stop him? I ended up losing the friggin game by 3 points! Grrrr...

On a positive note, Training camp and owner's mode are awesome...helped me out a ton when I noticed one of my starters would be a 67 overall...some of those drills can get HARD! (BTW, if anyone can pull off pocket presence with Vick on the third level you get a cookie...every other QB I've been able to KILL with in Pocket Presence, I barely scraped bronze with him 2 times, then the third I had 200 points. He's WAY too fast to stay in that friggin pocket.) Also with Owner's mode I made a poor section...as in $5 for nosebleed section...although the other sections did get a little bit of an increase...but heck, who wouldn't pay $100 to get a seat behind a pole to watch a Super Bowl contender (just a reminder...even the Bengals and Cardinals are Super Bowl contenders).

The music in the game's like 10x better than in previous games... if you discount most of the generic angry rap with football references added in.

With a Broncos franchise I won 3 Super Bowls in a row, and Mike Shanahan "Retired" because of fulfilling career goals, only for me to notice him as the coach of the RAIDERS! ARGH!

Oh well, I'll take this time to point out another cool feature, at least I have a good coach in Brad Johnson and a good defense coordinator in Junior Seau... Kinda cool how retired players can become coaches.

Archived