Home

POEM: Starlight

its an old one, but a good 'un. this is exactly what I am feeling at the moment, and the next time i talk to you all - something big will have changed, for better or worse. Dream Forever, James.

Starlight

Fortunate am I, to sleep `neath star filled sky. Fortunate to be, for her eyes again I see. On fortune do I tread, with teardrops on my bed, for fortune laughs and hope has fled; yet still I dream and fight instead.

How now do I dream, when all around it seems, that black of night and darkened day conspired to clip my wings, take angels away? How now shall I be, has God forgotten me, upon a heath and broken shore will I ponder, will I weep, will I never find comfort in sleep, as before?

No.

I shall dare, and I shall dream, for always and forever see - the greatest chance, is the chance to be. To be a man, or nae a boy who believes in love, and with it toys. To be one true, as fathers, ancestors, men have done before, so to the heavens and my bloodline do I implore.

Let me love, and let me die. Let me live, and let me cry. Let me chance all that I have, and lose it to a little girl, let me hope, let me dream, let me help the world.

Let all the dreams that come to pass glisten, let me remember and protect those long since missing. Always and forever see, as twilight fades, shall starlight be.

Shall starlight tell, of dreams or hells, shall we walk on moonlit sands; will you stop to hold my hand? Will we kiss and make believe, could forever perfect be, as two lovers soar in harmony?

Archived