Home

**WARNING for JA at Competions!**

AV4T4R

First of all im going to say that team based game play my favorite, its more rewarding and i like startegy. Now in JO i never got that, i agree with the italian that its a jump fest, you cant deny it, it is, i dont get satisfaction from a kill like i do in enemy territory. Thats why im looking foward to siege, i think the core problem of this style of gameplay is the jedi, everyone wants force powers. So im looking forward to siege so there will be classes with no force powers and no superhuman jump, its going to add more strategy im sure, and i hope theres a jedi limit, because IMO the force powers take away the team gameplay. I still like JO mp but it gets boring before et does. Please this is just my opinion i bought JO for the sp mostly but im buying JA for the multiplayer because i hope it has evolved into a more orgaized mp.

i remember i collaborated ( i helped him in balancing the features of the mod ) with Renegadeofpunk for the realization of MOVIE BATTLES!

It's a really cool mod couse players are slower, weapon are REALLY deadly but at the same time u DONT loose the corepgraphic and fast-style of the game!

The mod is a sort of Counterstrike CLASSES rolebased team vs team mod.

u can choose, bountyhunter , jedi, sith, soldiers... and i like that couse it's REALLY balanced!

bountyhunter has only 1 missile, jetpack ( with fuel ) and 2 kind fo weapons + sniper

stormies has 3 life ( the game was NO RESPAWN team vs team. so most classes have only 1 life ) and 1 thermal detonator.. only 50 hp but after all they have 3 lifes :p they represent not a STRONG characther. but a LOT OF weaks characthers!

let's try that :p then we can repeat it for JA

My major nags about JO were excessive auto-defense (it looked like someone had typed the old IDDQD and it worked) and inefective guns(pea-shooters) and sabers(glowsticks ;P)

(I hated when I was right being the running enemy flag carrier swatting him like crazy and the guy blocked everyhit with his back turned to me... crazy huh?)

The points mentionned above made force powers the best weapon in the game... it's always easier to kill with a lightning...and if the target has absorb... just kick him into that pit. And if you are lightside on ctf..just engage absorb and if possible speed and who's ghonna stop ya? (ok of course there's always a counter but it's still more effective than weapons and sabers)

The weapons became the extra and force the main arsenal.

Obviously the force powers like run and jump make a target harder to hit but it's one of the reasons it's there. no gripes there.

I can say i like a class system with soldiers packing gunz and shields and jedis packing lightsabers and force. But some people dont agree with me. The option to turn class system on and off is the best thing and it exists in JO...except like most useful commands it's "hidden" as a CVAR. You could also tweak the game speed and damage rate...all using CVARS... alot of good people didn't know this or didn't know how to effectivelly use them..and the bigtime servers rarely used them as well.

Now... If JA has the same speed as JO i can't say I'll be displeased. The weapon/saber efficiency has to be different...well if it's not at least i'd like to know if the CVARs stay ;) Same for a class system (not counting siege).

nevertheless... from what i've read in the articles, raven's posts here in the forums, official website(coooool) i'm pretty confidant the game will totally rock. The new anims are very promissing... all im wondering is what i call the bane of JO... great defense vs poor offense.

Anyway... we'll all soon find out ;)

I really didnt read all the posts (just half) but i guess i got the idea of the thread =/

i do think jo was strategic, because you really needed to think your moves and atacks, otherwise you would get seriously owned. (i am bad with english too).

Jedi knight series are very diferent from quake 3 or UT, i dont know why are you all comparing them. Only noobs played JO like a fps game.

I never played the other versions of jo i just played 1.02 and i must say it was incredibly fun the mix of combat and rpg in MP (single player sux, developers shouldnt have wasted their time doing that, well not that sux but its just that MP makes the game). I hope Ja is the same, but better, much more better.

I know it will, i was just saying.

Its true what you all were saying about the new versions because it............splited the players (is there a better word?) and thats not good.

The moderators can send letters to raven or whoever made the game and pressure them to not doing that.

I know this i kinda off topic but this is my first post =)

Could anyone tell me if JA will be more lagy because it has better graphics or it would be the same as JO (internet spped i mean)?

And dont you all think there should be and expansion for ja but just for MP?

BTW this forum looks exactly the same as the dayofdefeat forum

:eek:

Ok thats all

I never played the other versions of jo i just played 1.02 and i must say it was incredibly fun the mix of combat and rpg in MP (single player sux, developers shouldnt have wasted their time doing that, well not that sux but its just that MP makes the game). I hope Ja is the same, but better, much more better.

Jo is an fps game it was intented to be played as an fps and only noobs like you played it as an rpg!!:rolleyes:

Not to start another lamer thread but this guy has got jk2 totally wrong.

Strategy??? Whats the strategy in using the amsitting emote and talking about the weather and other assorted bull**** if you want an rpg SWG is the way to go.

You have missed the entire idea of the post yes it is about strategy but not the strategy of a saber combo!! Strategy as in ctf strategys, you know competitive play! read the posts before you post about rpgs!!

And Jk2 single player being crappy what are you on:confused: :rolleyes: ??

I understand this is your opinion this is just my counter opinion so dont take any offence. :D

Have a nice day:)

IC

so you think i am wrong? ok..........

strategies in ctf, yes there are strategies, thats obious.

I am a noob (haha:D) because i played it as an rpg?, i never said i did, i just said the game had that feeling, and well fps in JO never hapened, simply because nobody give a demn on guns in an starwars game. If you want fps, play counter strike, who cares if it was intended to be a fps, everybody played it in third person using lightsabers, thats the only reason people bought the game.

If you want strategic games, play strategic games like age of empires or star craft. If you want this kind of game be, "strategic" you probably will get bored soon.

The reason everybody played the game is because of the rpg feeling in an action game. And with rpg feeling i mean, to play the game..........just for fun, doing whatever the heck you want.........without objectives or some..........accepting challenges and proving you are the best............i dont know if i make myself clear, i dont really know how to express my ideas in a foreign language.

Well at east this just my opinion of JO, it doesnt mean i am correct or wrong , its just the way i played the game and the way i consider people played the game.

I didnt meaned single payer sucked, because it "could have being" much more better game if they would have used that time

in improving the MP part of JO (and also JA, but oh well) that is as i said before what makes the game.

And its a fact that JA will never be at high competitions like quake or other games, and why is that? simply because they wasted their time doing the SP of JA (yes its fun, yes its cool, but as i said above it would have being better if bla bla bla).

I am just saying it would have being a much more solid game.

Nice day to you too ;)

So let's see, you're saying that Raven wasted their time putting guns into the game, because nobody buys star wars games for guns?

I guess that will come as a shock to the developers of "Republic Commando" since that will be a Star Wars game with no lightsabers or force in it.

Not to mention the entire DF series began with Dark Forces, another game with no lightsaber or force.

And you're saying that people only bought JK2 so they could use sabers?

What about all the people who bought it because it was a sequel to Jedi Knight, a game that successfully combined guns, sabers, and force?

Even Sabers only gets pretty boring after awhile (just check some of the complaining threads if you don't believe me), and while some people play nothing but that, a great many people play with all the weapons and force powers, as it was meant to be played.

Are you saying that Guns in a Star Wars game make it automatically uncompetative?

Or are you saying that because its Star Wars nobody will use guns? Last time I checked the weapons were fun to use and came right out of Star Wars... they are as authentic as the Lightsaber.

Is your assumption that saber fighting is non-competative then?

Raven has confirmed that they will have classes and lots of other weapons in Multiplayer, so I guess it will follow the same pattern as JK2, according to you.

The guy says JA wont be as popular as Halflife Counterstrike...as if thats a bad thing. CS is a one of a kind, it has more servers/players than all other FPS games. I dont understand why its the most popular, but I wont deny that it is. I never saw anything very spectacular about it.

The last thing I want is all the CS "l33t hax0r1ng d00d5" to play Jedi Academy. They can play CS and leave us alone. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with AV4T4R that when you look at the game it doesn't seem like its got strategy and great game dynamics,

if someone were to look at a sabre duel between two players and see someone win then sure,

It "looks" like mindless spam, and it doesn't "Look" Elegant but thats the saber system we got ****but if you play it*****, it is elegant, it is competitive and it does take some practice.

Its not like if someone were to watch a 1v1 q3 or Ut2k3 for the 1st time, you could instantly notice the skill involved like great timed shots with accuracy beyond belief, sure they'd make it look easy, ***but when you play it****, you'd find it isn't

I personally like to play JO and JA for guns myself since the sabering is getting a little worn thing for me, so Im one of those people who basically bought it for some CTF some FFA and siege

aim and shoot its not the most balaced weapon set ever, but its fun I think Raven is out to make a fun game

they did, well.

as Kurgan said if the community wants to make it competitive it will, me I don't want to be competitive in JO/JA it lacks something I can't quite put my finger on in the dynamics department

Archived