Home

Star Wars Action Figures

Guest Boba Rhett

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

if you have lots of action figures, you could come up with a lot more units for GB..

Eh? What do you mean?

If we get more action figures, we can come up with more units for GB? How?

well, in the Kenner line you had Luke in Endor gear, Jedi-outfit, snow-gear, pilot-gear, trainee-gear, basic-gear, stormtrooper-disguise... you name it.

and there were lots of species that haven't even been discussed yet.

so just go through your action figure collection and see what unit might make a cool translation into the game..

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

well, in the Kenner line you had Luke in Endor gear, Jedi-outfit, snow-gear, pilot-gear, trainee-gear, basic-gear, stormtrooper-disguise... you name it.

and there were lots of species that haven't even been discussed yet.

so just go through your action figure collection and see what unit might make a cool translation into the game..

Ah! I gottcha!

You can just go on the net though, to find SW species. :) I see what your saying though

do what the designers did: dig up those expanded universe books, novels, sketchbooks, artbooks, vehicle/species-guides, etc. then pick the best stuff from it and use it in the game..

i think with the amount of info out there, they hardly had to do any designing themselves.. :D

(don't worry, Garry et al, i know you worked hard on this and still are.. and you drew yourselves crazy..)

Guest Tie Guy

Atually, they probably have to make up a great deal of the stuff for the TF, Wookies, Naboo, and Gungans. The Alliance and Empire was pretty much set, but they neded a little. Man i'd love to have that job. :D

A while ago i was brainstorming with a friend about making an rpg-like Star Wars adventure on the MSX, just for fun. So i started designing the whole thing. We came quite far. Even had an engine running. But our lives have caught up with us. That friend also tried to make a total conversion of Dune 2 for the MSX. We named ourselves Paragon. So now you people know where it comes from. Who knows, he might even drop in in the future when i have infected him with the GB-virus..

hehe..

• 2 weeks later...

Lets keep this on topic Leon (sorry I HAD to do that) :D

Really though has anyone found Duro's? I hear he is easy to find but for the life of me I can't find him!

Guest Boba Rhett

Yeah, I found two of him two weeks ago. Haven't seen him since. Who told you he was easy to find? None of the current figures are easy to find because they aren't produced in the large numbers they were. Many stores only recieve one box of each wave.

I'll post weekly store reports in the off topic board for you to help you out. :)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Yeah, I found two of him two weeks ago. Haven't seen him since. Who told you he was easy to find? None of the current figures are easy to find because they aren't produced in the large numbers they were. Many stores only recieve one box of each wave.

I'll post weekly store reports in the off topic board for you to help you out. :)

Here in my area ALL the SW figures have been pretty easy to find. I check out CollectStarwars.com from time to time and it seems like he is an easy find.

What figures can't you find Rhett?

You live in California ?!? No WONDER all SW-figures can be found easily..

must be the Lucasfilm archives being full to bursting and spilling the action figures out first..

last time i went to the USA in april, i was thinking of stopping by L.A. / California to hunt down some SW-stuff, but it seemed too much trouble for toys that i wouldn't bother with afterwards anyway..

here in Holland it's murder trying to get stuff like that.

I'm looking for the micro Machines from the trilogy. Ep I micros sucked so bad they kind of killed the thing. But if anyone can find some tell me where they are by pms okay. I have a lot of them basically a fleet of them. They wee my first and favorite star wars toys. I must find more to complete my fleet!!!

Oh Hell yeah! I love the micro machines! There so little and tiny! They kick ass! In fact I have some displayed on one of my Tvs. :)

I have close to 100 of the ships because they are so cool.:D

I have a squadron of X-wings, but I really want a squadron of TIE Intercepters. Or what would be awesome if they made TIE Defenders or Victory Satr Desroyers. Interdictors, Dreadnuaghts and Scimtair Attack Bombers. E-Wings would be nice...actually any of the old trilogy Micro Machines would be nice.

well, let's see... my Vader-mug just broke, so no luck there...

last wave i saw were the 'Power Of The Force' figures (?!?) that looked like they were on steroids. i mean, come on...Luke Skywalker didn't look like a tiny farmboy, but like Hercules !

That's why i didn't get any of that line. The original Kenner line looked right on scale, authentic and life-like.

i remember spending quite a few days on the attic in the early 80's...

ah, memories...

Guest Tie Guy

Hmm, i used to have a couple of those bigger snub fighters. I had a TIE Interceptor and a X-Wing. Thats it, i'm not really into action figures.

Oh yeah, i have a ton of old military micro machines, but they aren't Star Wars.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Hmm, i used to have a couple of those bigger snub fighters. I had a TIE Interceptor and a X-Wing. Thats it, i'm not really into action figures.

Oh yeah, i have a ton of old military micro machines, but they aren't Star Wars.

Oh, come on Tie! Admit it! You still buy figures! :D

So what happened to your Snub fighters?!

Man my SW figures...Mellenium Falcon, X-Wnigs (2), Outrider, At-At, TIE Fighter, Snowspeeder, a ton of regular action figures. I bought them at the age where I was really into SW figures. I still bought alot of Ep I stuff just not as much.( :thrawn: this is so cool they actually added an Icon because of massive demand. Maybe we should try for MORE:D )

Archived