Home

Workers, resources and a touch of jedi

clonedjedi

Economy

Some of these ideas came from other games and maybe other peoples.

1) Workers need to be hidden from attacks in the game. All u see in the game is a bunch of worker raids taking out workers in T2 with a few troops this needs to be altered a little cause I don’t remember the empire sending 10 troops into battle to totally dominate the game. More huge scale battles would be great and not just a worker bash especially in the earlier techs.

2) Resources need to be changed instead of collecting the raw materials food, carbon, nova, and ore. More realistic resources need to be implemented like metal, credits (only accessed through player trade, neutral city trade or stockpile docks/crates which get refilled 2 gaming minutes after depletion), food, nova and force knowledge.

2A) Food-I left food cause every army needs food especially the civs that don’t use droids. Hunt, bushes and fish. I erased farms they just don’t seem like Star Wars to me. Food will be very cheap in the game so trade at the spaceport is the way to go. 50 credits= 150 food 50 nova= 200 food 50 metal= 175 food Tech levels wont require food. Nova and Credits are the new ones to tech with.

2B) Nova- I wasn’t sure about this one but I added it anyway it’s a rare resource used mostly to buy research. Clusters are spread around the map

2C) Metal- is used for almost every unit and building in the game except troops not including Trade Federation and Confederacy, which will rely heavily on the metal resource. For metal you build a metal production facility garrison up to 10 workers in there and watch the sparks fly while your metal is booming.

2D) Credits- is also a huge resource almost every unit that is built will require this resource the only way to get this is through trading or collecting credits in the crates from stock bays. (Even a droid cost money to put together).

2E) Power- this should be a resource well sort of building power facilities will give you power more power plants more power more buildings placed the more power that is drained. Keep an eye on this so you wont get jammed and cannot build effectively. Command Centers have its own power supply. Power droids still play a major role build one it is garrisoned in a power plant and that will increase the speed of unit production. (this was rushed I’m not sure even if I like it even if they keep power cores I wouldn’t mind)

2F) Force/Jedi/Dark Jedi Knowledge- I just thought about this on the spot but they definitely need to fix the Jedi in the game. If you find a Jedi on the map he will ask you to do a quest maybe give him 2000 nova and then he will join your legion and he will have his padawan with him. Once that Padawan reaches his trials he will garrison in the Jedi Temple complete the trials takes bout 6min game time. Once the master loses his Padawan the another will be assigned and once that other one comes out another padawan will go with him so 2 become 4 Jedi 4 become 8 and so on. Force Knowledge is gained through the training from padawan to knight and finally to master different skills are learnt through the process like blaster deflection or force push. If you are lucky enough to advance a Jedi to a Legend then he will give surrounding troops and Jedi influence to hit and fire better in battle and give them the confidence to do it just by being in there presence. Here is where I throw all realism out the window so be warned I don’t even know what this will be about so bear with me. Once you have really delved into the Jedi Knowledge you can start getting trainers who teach 10 younglings at a time making the process from Padawan to Master a lot faster so it is like a speed upgrade if you will. They will not train on the battlefield of cause but inside a Jedi temple (not sure if I like so I don’t mind if its not added). Dark Jedi can be the same see how I said Dark Jedi and not Sith. Sith only had 2 at one time and that is a little unbalanced. Remember going down this route is very timely so don’t just rely on Jedi to save the day but if used correctly will be excellent in battle.

3) Trade as I said before you trade for credits now and not nova. Credits are needed to build everything from fighters to troops. Trading can also be done at neutral towns/cities spaceports, which are place around the map.

Hope you like feel free to edit and stuff like that. Let the flaming begin :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asking Jedi to go on a quest for you? Absolutely not.

Frankly, i consider most of the ideas here to be bad, particually having workers invisible. If you cant defend your workers, then you deserve to lose.

Also, your resource system seems rather complicated. You are basically saying 'instead of collecting raw materials we should collect raw materials'.

only some of the things food,nova,credits will be open collecting but things like metal are produced inside a factory adding to your stockpile over time. well did u c the trade federation collecting food or carbon to make there droids?

wats so complicated about this system cant u collect?

the jedi thing in there was a bit weird but i threw it in anyway. but there needs to be a new system i was gonna add a special jedi tech level where u unlock it when finding a item or something on the map perhaps a holocron but that would just be flamed as well

well if having workers invisible works when why not :p

While we didn't explicitely see workers come under attack in the movies, it would be far less realistic to make them invisible. In fact, only sending ten troopers to take out an undefended encampment is entirely within Star Wars reality - it wouldn't have taken much more than that to take out the Jawa's Sandcrawler, which is comparable to an undefended military installation.

However, I see what you mean, and I think Command Centers should be able to have a defensive attack even with no-one garrisoned in them - like in AoM. This provides a bit more protection to workers earl in the game.

For the Jedi idea I second Windu's thoughts, it is a bit silly.

The rest of the ideas I quite like. Personally I would also get rid of Nova, you just don't see it in Star Wars, but I think Carbon should still be an important resource, which can be taken from Trees and Carbon rocks as it is now.

Frozted - we didnt see the TF making their droids becuase they were already built! Also, just because we didnt see the TF collect food or carbon doesnt mean they didnt.

Furthermore, having metal created inside a factory is rather silly. Where, exactly, does this metal come from? It magically appears?

Personally, i see the resource system in SWGB2 going-

1. Nova - mined from the ground, delivered as Credits

2. Credits - used to buy resources/units/buildings, credits gained when resources are sold

3. Metal - mined from the ground, used is construction of Mechs/Ships/Aircraft

4. Food - kinda obvious where you get it from, used for production of Infantry, Jedi

5. Tibianna Gas - mined from Aerial deposits, necessary for aircraft to fly (no gas = aircraft are grounded)

actually the Trade fed droid army was bought cause of the extreme wealth of the Trade fed they even paid the senate there salary. So i think they bought all there minerals for there droid army and set up shop that way.

ummm and if u actually watched episode 2 we did c them being built in the factory. and with the metal ting u garrion workers in there to start it up......

the jedi thing was very rushed and if u read it i said im not even sure about it myself. but i just dont like the idea of just building them the way they r in swgb

Show me exactly where, in the movies, the Trade Federation pay the Senate wages and bought their Battle Droids instead of making them.

I have watched AotC many times, and i have seen the droids being built in the factory. How does that prove any of your points?

With the metal, again, where does it come from? I'd love to see someone who can build a factory anywhere in the world, hire a few workers and suddenly begin producing metal.

Actually the movie does give evidence that the Battle Droids were bought by the Trade Federation. The Geonosians build at least some of the Battle Droids, and since Dooku hints that most of the organisations who sign the treaty have standing Battle Droid armies, either they all built their own Battle Droids independent of the Geonosians (highly unlikely) or they all bought them from the Geonosians and similar forge worlds.

However for the purposes of the game I'd say it would be fine to have Battle Droids being built by the Trade Federation.

The Trade Federation doesn't, however, pay off the senate. Although in The Phantom Menace, Palpatine hints to Amidala that Valorum's aide (Mas Amedda in EU) is "on the payroll of the Trade Federation", this claim is questionable in Attack of the Clones, when Amedda is now Palpatine's aide. It seems likely that Palpatine made up the story to convince Amidala to move for a vote of no confidence. In fact, Nute Gunray's anxieties about how things will turn out in the Senate early in The Phantom Menace gives evidence that in fact very little of the Senate, if any, is under the direct control of the Federation.

Just because the Geonosians build weapons doesnt mean that the TF bought their Battle Droids from them. Using the real world, almost every nation builds its own weapons. An example bing Australia. We use-

- German Tanks

- American Fighters

- Austrian Rifles

- German and American Frigates

and yet ALL of them, are built in Australia. Since Australia is such a small power, i find it very, very unlikely that the Trade Federation wouldnt have its own production line of Battle Droids.

Okay, most of the time your real-world examples are kind of relevant, but this is so different to anything in the real world it isn't funny.

:atat: There is no organisation in the world comparable to the Trade Federation: they are a corporation, not a country. There is no corporation in the real world that has a standing army.

:atat: There is no army in the world with robot soldiers.

:atat: There is no equivalent of the Geonosians in the real world: an industrial country whose only export is soldiers, whether thay be robots or otherwise. They make entire armies for whoever will pay for them.

So putting aside the real world arguments, let's look at it sensibly: The Trade Federation is an immensly wealthy corporation whose only interest is making money. If they were to make their own droids they would need a facility similar to the Geonosians'. If they had this facility, they would use it to make not only droids for themselves, but also droids for sale to others (in direct competition with the Geonosians) - after all, if they sell droids as well as make them they will make more of what they love: money. We know they don't go into the business of selling droids, so they mustn't have the factories to make them. Being money-minded, they would see it is more sensible to buy from the Geonosians (who are already making and selling them) than set up expensive factories for a one-off order.

Yes its very unlikely imagine if they were to build there own facilities wouldn't the Republic question the reason why they want to start producing battle droids. They probably bought the designs and got them made by another company possibly the techno union since there are alot of similarities between the 2 droids or the geos who knows.

The Trade Federation control a number of worlds, and are hence a legitimate government.

Vostok - so you are saying that a government with-

- Main Battle Tanks

- Armoured Personel Carriers

- Amphibious Assault Craft

- Fighters

- Battleships

- Soldiers

BUY all of their technology? This is obviously an organisation ready for war, and only incredibly stupid people prepare for war without having their own weapons production lines.

Yes, the Geonosians make Battle Droids (although they are a different colour). How is that relevant? As we see in Ep2, many organisations have Battle Droids, the Federation being only one of such.

If you think this through logically, there is only one conclusion - that the Trade Federation have their own production line of Battle Droids.

I'm not saying they dont im just saying before the invasion of naboo they needed to keep there army very secret. But as soon as the invasion started then of course there production would be booming but lets think about it they must have shut down after the battle at naboo cause if they kept going why didnt they have a massed army if they kept production going there army would have overrun the clones without a problem.

Yes, the Geonosians make Battle Droids (although they are a different colour). How is that relevant? As we see in Ep2, many organisations have Battle Droids, the Federation being only one of such.

If you think this through logically, there is only one conclusion - that the Trade Federation have their own production line of Battle Droids.

Actually if you think it through logically the one conclusion you come to is quite different. If several different organisations have the same Battle Droids it is most likely they ALL bought them.

Think of it this way, if you need a "real-world" example, Windu: while Australia does have all those things you mentioned above, the Army itself or the Government itself does not build them per se. They are contracted to Military suppliers. The Geonosians are those Military suppliers. It is important to remember that because Droids are Droids, they fall into the same category as other mechanical military things (tanks, fighters) in that they too are built by contractors, rather than recruited as per normal troopers.

Frozted - where in the movies does it say that the Federation army was secret?

Vostok - again, no. Just because there is a single design doesnt mean they all come from the same source. With my real-world examples you are right, they are built by contractors. BUT those contractors ARE IN AUSTRALIA, BUILDING FOR AUSTRALIA.

OMG u have no idea about wat happened in that movie wat so ever u just watch it for the pretty colors?

They had to invade Naboo in secret giving them the element of surprise. Also gave them a cover in the Senate saying that they had no army and saying that these excusions there all lies. Cause if the army was beiong built in the public eye then wouldn't the Republic Question it yes they would have. The only time they had a feeling they had an army was when they created a blockade around naboo.

I agree with you on the bit about the secret army but not flaming anyone which I consider any one who does it to have ran out of good comeback's without having to resort to insults.

Also on the trade federation battle ship Obi-Wan says the bit about the invasion army in a suprised tine and also Qui-Gon says this is an unsual play for the trade federation he wouldn't have said that if everyone knew about their army. The republic also would have started to build an army if they knew about the trade federations before the battle of naboo instead of just keeping their jedi and naboo security force like army as it was instead of at least updating and expanding it a little. Before anyone says that the republic at that time had a naboo like arny is EU. How come the senate didn't send it to naboo you then find out in ep 2 that the republic hasn't had a standing army in several thousand years. Wouldn't logic dictate that they would have had to have a security force or they would be raided by pirates and propably invaded by hostile worlds.

About The Battle Droids in ep 2 being a different colour if you look at the production line inside you see they are ep 1 coloured but when you see them outside they are a reddy orange colour. Geonosis is a rock sand world I know what happoens before the droids leave the production lines but that would be EU even though it's obvious that they would be tested. the reddy sand would get on the battle droids changing their colour and if you watch ep 2 closely on some of the droids you'll see stripes of the ep 1 colour showing through because some sand has been knocked off. and the Trade Federation DID buy that army they bought it from several foundries i beleive it was either Baktor or the Hallor Chall foudry companies.

I thought they just appeared red-orange because of Geonosis' sun. The whole world is bathed in a red-orange light and I just assumed it was this that changed the Battle Droid's apparent colour. On the production line they are the same as Episode I.

Windu, the fact remains that the Trade Federation is not in the business of building military equipment. If they had the facilities to build their own droids, their love of extra money would keep them running these facilities to make more Battle Droids for sale. We know they don't do this, so I can only logically conclude they don't have the facilities.

No ummmmmm I think it was on the DVD comentary one of the producers or maybe even lucas himself said they have a new reddy texture to them to fit the new environment. Yea they just gave them a new paint job nothing extreme.

I totally agree with u Admiral 100% they don't have there own facilities it's like the Jedi they don't have there own cloning facilities but they still command the army and run the show. That's the easiest way I can explain it.

Frozted - at NO point does anyone say the Federation's Army is secret. Yes, they did invade in secret, so what? Also, the Fed senator doesnt say the claim about an army is false, only that the invasion is false.

Finally, if the Federation's Army was secret, why would Captain Panaka say that it is the BATTLE-HARDENED FEDERATION ARMY?

Viceroy - they were suprised because the Federation were going to invade Naboo - an illegal action from the weak Neimodians (remember the bloackade was legal), not because of the existance of that army

Vostok -

1. Starfighters

2. Battleships

3. Main Battle Tanks

4. Armoured Personel Carrier's

5. Armed Scouts

6. Amphibious Assault Craft

7. Infantry

...no, that doesnt look like an army at all...

Archived