Home

any way to turn dismemberment on in the demo..

UberChild

Originally posted by Kurgan

I'm sure it will be possible in the full game, but for right now we don't know the proper console commands to mess with it (the JK2 ones don't seem to change anything).

Well, the console has some built-in help - try, for example, to enter

g_saber

then press [Tab]. BTW, cvarlist gives a full variable listing but I know no way how to save this to file or such. What is more, just entering a variable name without value (eg helpusobi instead of helpusobi 0 or 1) shows the current and default values for a variable.

So far I found g_saberMoreRealistic, but setting it to 1 doesn't help (note, I were always setting helpusobi 1 before). In game it says value is write protected; via config file it's possible to alter the value, but no effect while playing so far.

I was already thinking that my German XP might be the culprit but at least I managed to install the demo in English. First German speech was installed but after reinstalling the demo under English (USA) region settings, it now defaults to English and also has English speech. Dismemberment, however, is still the same.

Just my 2 cents

Good call. Andy tells me you can "pageupd" through the cvar list. Didn't know that!

Doh... anyway... I tried the g_morerealistic and it's write protected for me too. Guess they locked it out of the demo, but that may be the one we're looking for... or at least the equivalent of Saberrealisticcombat.

Good effort dude, that might be the one we will have to wait and see, apparently my local gaming store says the game is in this friday 12 of sept, ive even been in and aksed them and they say it is so so far (the 12th is tomorrow for me as i write this, i live in new zealand, and im sure there is no way we wouls be getting it early.. we are always near the end of the release spectrum (still waiting star wars knights of republic for x-box.. dont have an x box but thats an example.. so back to my point, does this mean it is really coming out early, and everyone is gonna have a nice bug surprise.. heres the web address to prove im not lying.. http://www.gameplanet.co.nz

umm what do you think 1 or 2 more days.. or are they completely wrong....

Actually, it shouldn't be either, and if that store does release Jedi Academy early, they could get their contract with their game distributer terminated due to Activion having the shipment ceased. Seen it happen before. And KOTOR isn;t out for the PC till November.

I'm sure the full version will have dismemberment and for you guys in the US you've only got to wait what 6 days were as i have have to wait an extra 2 days. :mad:

But one thing i don't understand is why write-protect something that everyone will want to check out. ???

Game developers these days....:p

Originally posted by Tesla

But one thing i don't understand is why write-protect something that everyone will want to check out. ???

Game developers these days....:p

Well...that's obvious. They want people to buy the full game to be able to runs mods and try out other features, including cheats. If you could simply access new models, levels, etc., in the demo...you might not bother to get the full game. :p

Feck.. went in to order the game on thursday (day just gone) and the dude tells me not till the 22nd now.. dammit.. so they screwed up and yes lucky bastards america get it first... damm roll on the 22nd.. at least i guess ill get to read a few user reviews b4 i buy..(although ive already decided on getting it).. but now i gotta think of another game or something to keep me occupied dammit, when will the family guy dvds come out here...

Archived