Home

will there be anymore options for sabers?

soulshine

The hilts on the demo suck ey? Are you on drugs? What exactly "sucks" about those hilts.

They look good, they look Star Wars, what exactly sucks about all that...

The fact that I'm also hoping they have a lot more to choose from on the retail version, doesnt mean the ones in the demo are bad.

Well if you think about it.. any hilt made for Jedi Knight 2 will work for Jedi Academy Retail since their programmers came up with a special technique that will convert models/skins/hilts to Jedi Academy and maps, but those will need minor tweaking from my understanding.. Probably just to be re-compiled with the new settings for Jedi Academy.

I'm fairly certain that the hilts we see in the demo are "all there is," because they said you would get to choose from 9 hilts.

Though technically you get 5 for the saber staff (and 9 for the single and dual sabers).

But yes, as Andy said, it should be a cinch to add ones designed for JK2 or your own brand new ones.

Originally posted by soulshine

will we have more hilts in retail

No.

Originally posted by soulshine

those hilts on the demo suck.

This statement is false.

Originally posted by Seetherr

The hilts on the demo suck ey? Are you on drugs? What exactly "sucks" about those hilts.

"cause they don't have the sabers of uber-Jedi Dooku and obi1. They are teh kewl d00ds, and they sabers are l33t! They r0xx0rs and these sabers sux!!1!1

Originally posted by Kidso

Count is Dead, Obi is Dead, get over it!

Now I bet you ruined his world :p

Anyway, why do you think they added much more moddability and support for old JK2 skins/models? Because they knoe everyone won't be happy with what's already in.

If I could I'd model my own saber hilt, though I'm not much of neither skinner or modeller. Oh, well, gotta practice I guess.

my only real complaint was i thought we would put pieces together and make our own. i suck at skinning so i respect all those who can. the hilts are ok in the game. i just thiought the dooku handle modified would be cool. the whole different style of dueling with it.just cause obi one is dead does not mean he is not with us. (strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can imagine.) i personally like the kit fisto style saber myself and qui gon and maces episode 1 hilts.by the way darth vader is dead but still the baddest ass sith ,game, movie whatever. all im saying is i wanted more of myself reflected in my own saber. hey skinners if we could talk some making hilts i have ideas. originals. anyway i cant wait to join my path to the light then when im done the dark. see you all on multiplayer. good dueling and may the force be wit ya. ps prime to answer your drug question yes i am and some of the hilts dont look all that authentic. go tothelightsaber.com for a good site of pics and info on light sabers movies and eu

Archived