Home

What saber type will you be using?

Zen Knight

What Saber Type is your preference after playing the demo?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. What Saber Type is your preference after playing the demo?

• Single Saber
    • Dual Sabers
    • Saberstaff

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sabre9

Another dual fan! But... what's "vappad"?

Its a special Jedi tecneque only known by very few that lends yourself comletely into the force. it's commonly used with dual sabers. Of course you cant use this in the game but meh :c3po:

definatly dual because of the saber shield thing where the sabers fly around u

That thing looks very very pretty but I can't tell you how many times I've cut down an AI jedi who was using that move with a quick sabre throw right in the middle of his spinning swords. :D

I really really really like both new styles; In playing I've discovered that the staff is much stronger as far as comparing them to the old single blade styles. I very much like the strength of it and also the SPEED and added acrobatics. It's true that it will probably wind up being the *popular* choice after the release but so far I really think (for me at least) that teh style is well put together.

I have very similar feelings about dual sabres as well; I used dual almost exclusively when I first started playing the demo and didn't care much for staff.

At any rate - guess I'm trying to say:

CRAP - I DOOOONNNNNN'T KNNNOOOOW!!!

:D

:fett:

Originally posted by StormHammer

I like the dual sabers...just as I knew I would before even playing the demo. So I'm going to be practicing with dual sabers until I can perfect the moves. :D

I second that. They look cool and I think they'll require a lot of tactics in MP. Button mashing doesn't work against intelligent opponents.

MP, I plan to play in Siege Mode most of the time, as I'm really looking forward to having the opportunity to not use a lightsaber. Any non-Jedi class (particularly Scout) is what I plan to be playing as.

As far as SP and the odd chance of playing FFA battles in MP go though, I'd have to say a single, green or red lightsaber. I might give the other two styles a try, but the single saber is the only one I'm even remotely fond of.

single saber blue stance. and ill pull+neckstab you all to death constantly.

that is seriously the most overpowered move in the demo ive found. nothing works anywhere near as well as it.

(im talking about the move where you press force pull and left mouse at the same time using blue stance causing their necks to be impaled)

for all staffs flashyness its really not that effective against single saber i find. and dual sabers (while incredibly dazzling and fun) are just too difficult to control effectively in my opinion.

yellow is too slow for my tastes and strong is WAY to slow. so fear the blue forcepull!

All you saber freaks SUCK!!! I'll nail you all with my STUN BATON!!!!!! lo jk

single and blue, which was undderatted yet i owned pl with it so they can feck off, and of course dual because i can switch down to one saber at any time and go right to blue and dazzle ppl with my freaky deaky spin moves. :)

I'm going for a saberstaff myself. It only seemed natural, since I carve quarterstaves RL side... *shrug* I've found that the single works really well with the human female and in small spaces... But once I figured out how to turn off the second blade of the staff (what can I say? I'm a slow learner), I was set.

I'll be using the saber staff as a Kel Doran male. I know that it'll prolly be one of most the popular weapons, but I like it! If things cool down a little, you can turn off one of the blades and preso! You have a single bladed saber in medium (which I hate). BTW does anyone know how to change the stance of the staff when one of the blades is off? :koon:

First off, I'm glad this whole option is open and people will explore more options. It so annoying in JO MP. Just about everyone uses the heavy stance and the only moves they use are either the jumping attack and/or the backswing. I just sit and think "Can this person either 1. Try something new or 2. Learn something new?"

Anyways, I'll be going with the two sabers. I like how you can switch to one with the light stance. I like some of the moves that come with it. I enjoy using that one move where you hit the primary attack from a crouch. I just think "There shouldn't be anything left of that guy after that," Very useful. The saber barrier is nice, but I only use it against non Force enemies. The rolling stab is good too.

I'm so glad that the lightsaber fighting has been extended so much. Way ahead of JO and miles ahead of JK. I can't wait to see what's added in the next game in the series.

Archived