Home

2000 Various Looks?

Dark Lord Vader

Originally posted by pahamrick

I'm more annoyed that there isn't going to be a male zabrak model. I hope a modder adds one soon, because I've been dying to play a Darth Maul wanna-be. :maul:

I agree that would be cool.

I guess they should be able to add lots of models to sp? BUT will the clothing choices somehow get in the way? I doubt it, just a thought.

I'd love to see a Zabrak AND Twilek male, as well as females of whats for males (well maybe not the Rodian :p ).

Well... adding a male zabrak wont be hard

just grab the human head... get rid of the hair and add some horns... probably with some hair configurations and horn configurations as well... should be easy.

But i'm gonna look more into messing with clothing. Although not half bad... still there's nothing that matches my taste.

One thing I wished for is that ability to change the base color and not the stripe colors only. Also there's no black whatsoever for the human male and the other aside from the twilek female.

I know black isn't allowed at the academy (or so i've read) just like the red saber color... that is perfectly acceptable for SP... but I'm keeping MP in mind... if the choices are the same... boy have I got work to do.

I'll probably quite the traditional Jedi robe style like I did with tyrion and go for the new jedi style seen in the game... except i'llstrive for something way cooler ;)

Blood Riot:

I like your ideas dude. Make sure and let us know when you do that because I agree nothing fit my taste either. There was no basic Jedi gear. Some cool stuff, but nothing like say Obi Wan or Anakins outfits, basic robes.

But what Im really like about your idea Blood Riot is changing the color of the uniform too , not just stripes and bits.

It shouldn't be too hard.

The stripes are done using shadders..so all you gotta do is have the shadder work on all the cloth and not just the stripes.

I'd wait for a mod with rgb slidders for trully amazing results tho.

If they done that with the saber colors for JO... this is only the next logical step.

hmm, yeah the final battle was the best part of the film...sad isn't it?

but i don't know why vader would own maul. mabe in his younger days. but in the movies we saw, he was just an old man who got beaten by his untrained but frantic son.

but now back to the issue here: to sad, that they didn't make more models and clothes. the colors are a little pale. besides that, it should be possible to change colthes during the game(at the begnning of missions). it sounds trivial but the effect on the amount of identification is huge.

i remember daggerfall, one of the greatest rpg of ancient times (around 1996), had the most sophisticated clothing system at that time...and still has actually. besides the leather, chain or plate armor, which came in different colors (depending on the material), there were capes, cloakes (and some which could be worn like boths) robes, shirts, trousers, boots and so on. for womens clothes the were also dresses, skirts, tops, panties and some other sexy stuff. most of them in different versions and ofcourse colors. there were even special shops where they would sell only clothes!!! i am not gay or fetish, but it was just hella funny to go shopping with my battle mage bitch!

regarding the change in story, use of force and skill, it would be realy nice to be able to change clothes, to fit your "character". that would not be as hard to ballance as other rpg elements.

Some people just can't be pleased now can they? =p

Anywho I doubt that everything's been tossed into the demo, 't would have been spoilerage applenty.

That and if you do the math it seems to be closer to 2000 options per species, which got explained in another thread by Stormhammer I believe. So quit yer whining =p I don't see you working a year on a game trying to please an already whining crowd. Only to then let it get bashed into the ground yet again.

Pedro , I dont think anyone's complaining. Like I said better than just one choice.

But also, I get the feeling that this is the final number of choices. Just judging from screen shots and what others have said, I think this is it.

I did notice the Twilek female has about 7 or so face choices, by far the biggest.

Originally posted by defalc

Well, all the human female heads look pretty darned ugly. And there's no asian/chinese looking humans either.

Plus: In the JA concept art there was a really cool torso, like red with a black cape. I want it. :(

Which picture is that? Are you sure its not the second human male torso choice? That kinda looks like it has a cape on back.

I totally plan on creating my own character. I'm not worried that this will be a problem with the full version. Just make some new skins and add them to a model I like. They (Raven and Lucasarts) have stated in past interviews that this would be even easier in JA.

this 2000 choicec are realy just the variations of minor color settings. can't be anything else. it would have been mentioned by the magazine which tested it here in germany. they always keep jumping around little features istead of concentratig on the lack of real important stuff.

i doubt, that there will be anything more. but hey, it's raven! they are already on new ground with jo and jedi academy. those titles are their best work yet. and comparing the overall succes of the jediknight games with the new movies, we have to admit that raven kinda saves the franchise in that matter. the movies are not doing very well. the games on the other hand are top rated by magazines and top sellers too!

a guy like me will never be realy astonished by a game again. there will always be something to do better about a game. but considering the given genre (action, interactive movie) raven does a fine job.

Archived