Home

Help? Stuck in level Docking Bay

robedi_2k4

Hi, I've been playing Jedi Knight II since last month. It's been a fun and frustrating experience for me, unlike Dark Forces I. I'm nearly halfway in the Docking Bay level (where I'm supposed to find Galak's Doomgiver ship) and came across a room that which I can shut off the light and supposedly sneak across to the other door in the room. But I keep getting "spotted" in the dark and I get "intruder alert" end-level (and get my Kyle probed by a probing droid in the Imperial cell. Oh, poor Leia, I know how you felt!)

I went this "shut-off-light-sneak through" part of the level several times and I keep getting caught! How the heck do I get across in the dark, reach the door and not wreak havoc before the officer hit the alert button?!

I'm a newbie and this is my first such request for a little help on this.

You know at the beginning of the Cairn levels, Luke Skywalker was around to help Kyle before he went somewhere else. I kept asking, "Where the hell is Luke Skywalker through the whole mad ordeal of the Cairn levels?!":D

Thanks,

robedi

I found this:

http://www.stratosgroup.com/guides/html/200206jkjo/

to be an absolute godsend when I was getting stuck, although be warned: it is a complete walkthrough, so you may inadvertently read too far ;)

That being said, it's the clearest and most thorough of the walkthroughs I looked at.

I'd give you advice for the level concerned, but - to be perfectly honest - I just can't remember :p Sorry! EDIT: Try Mind-tricking the officers on your left as you go for the door? Maybe?

Anyway, hope that helps...

B.

I remember reading the walkthroughs of this bit thinking "that sounds tough" but in reality I found it easy.

Just hit the lights, mind trick the three imperials near the door and then walk (i.e. don't run) to the far door. The walking bit might not be needed, I don't know since I've not been caught doing it.

I've been playing JO SP today, and I've gone past that bit.

I didn't need Mind Trick. I crouched and walked toward the edge a bit (not close enough to be seen), and simply memorised the route to the door.

Then I knocked off the lights, remained in crouch, hit Force Speed, and retraced my steps to enter by the first door - hit Force Speed again half-way through the room, and got to the second door without a hitch.

In crouch mode, they can't hear your footsteps, so as long as you don't bump into anyone, they won't be aware of you.

I didn't even bother switching on the infra-red goggles. :)

Archived