Home

Dodgin'

doUBle EdgE

not sure if any of yall figured this out but you can dodge bullets jsut like the cultist can just hold your "USE" button down and it does matrix style dodging(cant wait to use it in multiplayer when some one is trying to snipe me :)) but ind emo doesnt realy matter becuase the lvl with all guns they can aim so u can jsut stand still and they only hit u 5-15 shots...

oh and i pulled off the double stab with duals on the cult guys that where ganging up on me but im not sure how i did it think the use key did that to cause i was holding, try it out

When you say "Matrix Style Dodging" do you just mean holding Use and press strafe left/right?

Because that just bends your body slightly to one side.

Or are you talking about something different? Is there any other "effect" associated with your technique?

Just curious if you'd discovered something new... thanks!

I've tried it without left or right. Your character would stand still without moving the sabers; and if a bolt happens to be going for your head, speed would automatically activate to dodge it

So far not even a bolt has hit me with this move. Great stuff doUBle EdgE!

Interesting. One thing though guys.. in JK2 SP, if you were playing on Easy (Padawan) difficulty, you would AUTOMATICALLY do a "dodge" (like the enemy Reborns do) with the force speed sound when a disruptor shot was fired at you, maybe 2/3rds of the time.

Are you sure this isn't the same thing, or are you actually controlling it by hitting the use key as you get shot at?

I was playing nar shadaa, where there are just a bazillion friggin disruptors, but i had gone through half the level (this is the one with the cantina) before remembering to type setforceall 5 in the console. so i typed it in, then the next guy sniped at me, i went intoforce speed right away (automatically) and i could actually see the laser shot creeping towards me. i instinctively tapped f1 (force push) like i would a rocket, and the bolt flew off in another direction--i didnt have to dodge it. how freakin cool is that???

okay, so two things discovered here:

setforceall 5 speed is faster than setforceall 3 speed, as in i didnt have to move right away,

and if you see it fast enough, you can force push away disruptor fire.

Time to try it in the JA demo!!!

Guys some of you don't seem to understand what he's saying so I'll try to clarify. You can lean (a la JO) using the Use key and presing to the sides. But to do the dodge, don't lean. Simply stand facing a guy firing at you and hold Use. Don't move, don't lean. Just stand still and hold the Use key and you will automatically dodge/deflect. A shot that you would normally saber deflect is still deflected as normal, but if a shot would normally hit you, speed will kick in and it will automatically make you lean. Sometimes you'll also deflect those shots as well. A couple times it has appeared to me that I dodged that blast and moved my saber behind me to deflect a dodged shot right back at the shooter.

At least on Jedi Knight (normal) difficulty, it doesn't seem to happen consistently.

You're right, Seeing has no affect on it (shame). You can block the Disruptor beam with your saber (unlike JK2 SP, although that worked in MP).

I sometimes do the "auto dodge" with the brief force speed boost, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with holding the use key, and whether or not I lean or not.

It seems to be random (for me at least), unless it has something to do with using the force right before doing it.

Level 5 Force Push doesn't seem to be able to force push back the beams, sadly.

Originally posted by Kurgan

See, I do that and I still get hit, 3 out of every 4 times (I just spawn a Rodian and stand still aways from him trying this).

What am I doing wrong?

Which map are you trying it on? Maybe it requires a high force speed level? Try with all force powers at 3 and see if it changes that.

Archived