Home

This pisses me off... (no ads for JA?!)

Ocean

Well, I don't think they need to do a great deal of advertising this time around. I mean, for Jedi Outcast they had to pump out a lot of ads to get people interested, because it had been 4 years since the last game - and a lot of people hadn't even heard of JK, or the DF series. So they had to make a big splash ad campaign about it.

This time around...the fan base is established again, and it's only been 18 months since the release of JO - so most of the hardcore purchasers are already there. I think there will be more ads closer to the Christmas period, as Zen Knight said.

Originally posted by StormHammer

Well, I don't think they need to do a great deal of advertising this time around. I mean, for Jedi Outcast they had to pump out a lot of ads to get people interested, because it had been 4 years since the last game - and a lot of people hadn't even heard of JK, or the DF series. So they had to make a big splash ad campaign about it.

This time around...the fan base is established again, and it's only been 18 months since the release of JO - so most of the hardcore purchasers are already there. I think there will be more ads closer to the Christmas period, as Zen Knight said.

This is probably true. Also, they may look at things like pre-order numbers and decide that they are getting a good response anyway, and that it isn't worth spending extra money on advertising. Or maybe since they know FPS are traditionally big sellers, they aren't spending the advertising dollars on it. Whereas they might spend the money on KOTOR, since RPGs are normally as big.

Archived