Home

Stargate JK-2/3 Mod (People needed!)

WadeV1589

Chances are the mod will end up in 3 due to the extremely easy portability but ya never know :p

Anyhow, I run the Stargate JK-2/3 mod which we brought over from EF after realising just how much better JK-2/3 are. Not all my team has even one of these games so I'm looking for some new team members. I need:

• Player modellers
  • JK-2 Experts (of any field as long as you're really good at it)
  • JK-3 Experts (slim for now but I'm sure they'll come!)
  • Modellers
  • Level designers (mappers)
  • Texture experts (making them yourself!)

Player modellers are definatelly the ones I would like the most!

The mod became extremely popular in EF especially with the release of many SG* maps (SG4Real, SGEgypt, SGPyramid) and I know there are a lot of Stargate game wanters out there and because there is still no [official] Stargate game being made (there is a rumour, nothing more!) we want to continue modding a Stargate game.

Please contact me at link_meier@msn.com if you would like to join :)

Sincerely the Stargate JK-2/3 team

http://sgmod.crashespad.com/

What is EF? I can't place those letters to any game I know ;)

As a Stargate fan, I'm curious about what you did... What did the mod involve exactly? Did you just make SG themed MP maps and character models? Everyone get's P90s? What is the scope of gameplay you envision here?

bif

Elite Force...by Raven !!!

We started working on EF and I initially just mapped Stargate maps, I then went on to creating models such as a really nice Stargate model, transport rings, DHD etc. The mod evolved and we got close to releasing some stuff until EF2 came out ruining a lot of the community for me.

http://sgmod.crashespad.com/index2.php?act=screenshots&task=cat&catid=3&imgid=3&s= - Abydos

http://sgmod.crashespad.com/index2.php?act=screenshots&task=cat&catid=2&imgid=20&s= - SGC gateroom

First thing we're doing in JK-2/3 is to release maps and a weapons mod, replacing all the weapons with weapons from the SG world, we have all the weapons models, bar 2 which need texturing. Of course our final aim is what would come close to a TC making missions etc.

Fortunately I can say this isn't a new mod per se, we're a team who knows where we're going and how to do it. We're just starting on a new version of an engine we know to help us out..don't even start to ask about EF problems, ugh!

The screenshots look very impressive, my question is how close will you be able to mimic the Stargate for the rotating ring on earth and the animation of the wormhole, and then the DHD and how it iwll work.. will it be scripted for each mission to go to a place, fight the Gou'ald and then once the mission is finished, possibly have a cutscene similar to the show of them enterting and then a persons POV of being IN the wormhole?

I can get pretty close to it all, I've pretty much got the rings spot on as far as JK-2 goes, they're my personal favorite :) You'll be able to see them in the MP map we're releasing soon.

I'm hoping to do it so a couple of times you see the whole dialing in-game initiated by you by hitting a DHD or by getting an address typed in in the SGC and sometimes it will be a cutscene as I have 3DS Max and already have the SGC/Gate among other stuff in high quality meshes that I created :cool: Must admit the vortex is still baffling me in 3DS Max, damn them at MGM for just using a camera in water with a high powered fan exhaust :mad:

The wormhole travel I'm working on in Max as well now, I've got the first bit down well, you see the matter breaking up, then the camera spins 90 degrees clockwise to show the initial wormhole tunnel, all I gotta do now is the long space track which is easy enough :)

Have you tried making an animation that is like a funnel created with 2 2-liter bottles? and then texture it with a water-like texture with bubbles and the alike? *just a amateur suggestion* You could then set the side of the SG to fire the first part towards the blast doors in the gateroom, and then the 2nd part to fire towards the back wall as the reflex action of the wormhole...

In the series they did away with the "reflex" of the gate blast, it just shoots forward and then settles down, doesn't have that backwards whirlpool effect.

Doing the bottle shape is one way...but it does look very cheap! Besides, JK2/3 have particle effects :D In 3DS Max it has to look very good so it needs to look like an actual water blast, hence the difficulty.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Wade, any word on how the mod is progressing? I among many others are very interested in this mod and would like to see it finished, and are just curious at to the progress since the progress section on the site isn't updated with any kind of eye candy or anything.

• 4 months later...

Well, after MUCH time, a new map is coming out from the SG MOD, SGEgyptJA which is an improvement over SG4RealJA. It has a temple like structure that is located just in front of a pyramid, and connected to this pyramid is actually a Goa'uld Ha'tak, complete with transporter rings and DEATH GLIDERS:) Also inside the pyramid is a stargate that actually dials the chevrons that connect to P4X-639 (Window of Opportunity planet) that is complete with accurate architect and layout of the land, plus the time-device that was developed by the Ancients, which Malakai tried to use to see his wife in the show. The time altar has moving bricks, plus the beams that trigger the time looping status. The map is really well designed and I just hope a lot of people will play it.. you can check it out @ http://www.stargatemods.com and look under the forums for WIP:SGEgyptJA

Hopefully this map will re-spark the Stargate interest and people will want to help with future maps/models/skins and the alike. As always, you can contact Wade, the administrator and mapper of SGEgyptJA through the website. See you on the other side:)

Archived