Home

Official Crashing/Freezing thread - post your specs+error msg

DeliriumenD

The splash screen I am referring to is the very opening one after starting the program. I can't even get to the menu - it just has that initial Star Wars : Jedi Academy screen with the copyright info and that's it. Maybe I just need to let it keep loading, but there was no HD activity while that was going either.

I used to always get the GPF crash problem and warm windows reboot (argghh...) in SP and MP, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a memory leak somewhere as it happens whenever theres lots of polys, scenery or distance, though I'm not sure if its a problem in the game or crap Nvidia drivers (45.23).

My System (NOT OVERCLOCKED or OVERHEATING!):

WinXP

Athlon 2500+ (Barton)

1 Gb RAM

Leadtek A310 (GeForceFX5600) 256MB AGP 8X

ASUS A7N8X mb

I found that if I turn off trilinear filtering and only use bilinear, it CRASHES MUCH LESS often. None of the other settings, glows, EAX, ect.. seem make any difference at all. It definitely happens a lot more often if I have glows and trilinear on at the same time (And the associate huge drop in frame rates :p ).

btw- JO 1.04 ran perfectly with everying maxed.

Hope this helps RAVEN fix the problem..

i got a problem with sp that if i start a new game it locks up after the fmv where the shuttle is entering the planet's atmosphere and if i load a save go that i got from my friends comp then is runs for about 5 min then locks up

My System

windows me

Athlon xp 1800

512 ddr ram

nforce motherboard chipset (sound on board)

geforce fx 5200 128mb (with latest drivers)

Yea I get random crashes that give me a windows error. It happens with both JO and JA.

All my other games run fine. Please fix it, as much as I love JO I could not play it after I got my ATI 9800 pro. I didi not have the problem with JO on my old GeForce TI4600.

It is some kind of memory leak.

CriPPleR-

What you explained in your thred is exactly what happens to me. EXACTLY! I have a P4 1.5ghz, 630mb ram, 80gb harddrive, and an ATI Radion 9600pro. Only freezes when a level loads and it's random sometimes the lvl will load sometimes it'll load it just fine, a soundfile repeats and i have to restart the computer to make it stop. I've updated every peice of hardware i own and still freezes. Did anyone find an answer on how to fix this problem?:confused:

Originally posted by The_One

Same problem here too.

Fixed it by getting a friend's JA MP config file (it doesn't make the .cfg until after you're in MP) and popping it in the right directory.

Works fine now!

Hmmm...you just got a Radeon 9800 card, didn't you? I've got a Raeon 9700 Pro. It seems to me that a lot of people with ATI cards are having more problems running the game...

Which file did you replace, One? Also...if it works...is there a chance of you posting it somewhere for others to d/l and try?

Originally posted by StormHammer

Hmmm...you just got a Radeon 9800 card, didn't you? I've got a Raeon 9700 Pro. It seems to me that a lot of people with ATI cards are having more problems running the game...

Which file did you replace, One? Also...if it works...is there a chance of you posting it somewhere for others to d/l and try?

Well, that's the only problem I've encountered so far. Otherwise the game runs fine ;)

My config file is here:

http://darkforces.jediknight.net/rich/jampconfig.cfg

Stick the file in your GameData/Base folder.

Bear in mind all my system settings are very high (gotta love my new PC) - so check them out before you boot up a game.

Hope this fix works for you guys too!

Sorry for the repeat posting, but I'm in a bit of a spot.

As soon as I run the game (Either in single OR multiplayer), the game crashes. The loading screen comes up, the screen goes black, and crashes to desktop with an error message.

I restarted and tried again and it gave me the option to install the game, and no option to play it at all. I went to the folder and clicked both the multiplayer and single player individual executables, and got the same sort of crash.

I reinstalled, and it didn't help.

I am running Windows XP Professional with all updates (Including DirectX), AMD Athlon 2600+, 512MB PC2700 DDRAM, Radeon 9700 Pro, and an ASUS K7N8X board. This is the only game that has ever given me such a problem.

• 2 months later...

Archived