Home

Balance issues in siege. (serious, no senseless rant)

Shaggy1984

I'm really quite liking siege, great fun. However theres a few thing's that have cropped up that seem rather unbalanced. I'll just give a brief list of what I've noticed.

Sniper Rifle in hoth. No real issue with it, except for the fact that it can damage the big base defense turrets, and at quite a fast rate I might add. Personally I'd prefer to see that it couldnt damage it at all, and leave that roll to the atst, demolitionist and heavy weapons.

Deployable turret. While a neat concept, it really seems to be more of a burden rather than useful. It seems just a little to easy to be able to dodge around and kill the user. Perhaps upping the damage or aim speed on it would help.

Being able to destroy key structures with regular weapons. I've that it just seems rather too easy to destroy the key structures in the hoth and desert siege levels with a regular storm trooper rifle. In my opinion, i think the destruction of the key structures should be left to the demolitionist with the det packs and perhaps the heavy weapons class or perhaps the tech, hacking the computers and such.

Explosives in Korriban. I find the explosives in korriban a bit of an annoyance, sort of detracting from the whole sabre only level. Why not just give the demolitionist class the ability to stick the sabre through the doors, and into the coffin similar to the whole episode one thingo at the intro.

Anyway they are just some issues that I have noticed that are a bit of an annoyance. Though some may not regard them as issues, I do :p

Discuss?

I'm sure lots of people have a lot of ideas for Siege (balancing, maps, classes, vehicles, objectives, etc.) I'm hoping to get a tutorial together quickly on both the design (mapping and scripting) aspect of it and the creation/modification of the Classes. It's pretty easy and documented, so some intrepid modders will probably figure it out on their own, but I just want people to know we are planning on this tutorial and I offer answers and advice to any modders with questions about Siege, sabers and vehicles, etc.

Archived