Home

Darth_Pnut's veiws on saber combat, as of now

The_Wookiee

I know a lot of you are having problems with this game's saber combat. I know it seems like this huge fest of flailing idiots with light battons and anger mobbers with 2 glowy bats going at it. Ya know what? It is....at the moment. We just got 2 new types of sabers, something we have wanted since we first liad eyes on Darth Maul (or Exar Kun (spl?)). So guess what, we are all going to play with them till we find out what we are accually good at.

I personaly already gave up on dual or saber staffs. They are random and way to flash for their own good. However, the single saber is managable, and stylish. With the added Kattas and a much needed change in the game (no kick yay!) it now takes a certain degree of skill to win, and you can win with a single saber.

A lot of people right now just havn't looked at the possibilites of the single saber, and are still spamming staff katas. I changed a few peoples veiws last night though royaly owning them, switching stances and pulling off an array of tactics to slap them silly. Ya know what, a few of them respawned with single sabers inhand to relearn their JK2 tactics. In time people will learn why Jedi use single sabers, they are not random or clumsy, they are swift deadly and calculated.

It is possible to be truely good with staff or dual sabers, however I hace yet to see somebody who truely uses skill with either. In time true masters will evolove in their respected feilds, and I'm guessing a ratio of 3/4 of people will use single saber. As it should be.

When people start using tactics, and stop bottom smashing you'll see the combat isn't all that bad. Right now it's simply the players Hyped up on new saber types....

Just my thoughts,

Pnut

I agree with that. One main problem I see is that with dual and staff you can get quite a few lucky shots. I saw a guy in the server the other day who had 3 kills and 5 deaths using a staff. He was mocking me because I had 0/5 with single. Next map I pulled out double and hit 7/0.

Also im confused on the whole staff thing. It seems very powerful at busting through defense modes. I did not think someone could twirl a stick with such force...just curious there.

Overall i will continue to use single and practice with it, as you mentioned, the others seem to be to random. I find myself mashing keys and when people get skilled, that will equal doom.

I am upset about one other main thing...well two but ill keep it at one ;). Why did they give dual sabers and staff the stance powers of light and medium respectivly? The advantage of a single saber is the ability to have all three stances and to adjust. Yet if you take dual you still get the light stance and the uppercut. I do not believe they should have access to the special moves of the stance....like it is in single play.

Originally posted by Tarus

Why did they give dual sabers and staff the stance powers of light and medium respectivly? The advantage of a single saber is the ability to have all three stances and to adjust. Yet if you take dual you still get the light stance and the uppercut. I do not believe they should have access to the special moves of the stance....like it is in single play.

I didn't think they did. I thought they only had the normal swings of those stances.

I have stuck with the single saber as well, both because of its versatility and effectiveness. I like having the abilites of all three stances, and I still find red stane is the most effective thing for killing in FFA.

Archived