Home

Spectator chat in Duel mode

Jah Warrior

Hi all,

Just an idea/request here:-

In duel game mode the spectators chat is visible to the players and it's frankly very offputting. While it may be handy in one sense it could also lead to lamers broadcasting opponents' health to their friends.

It really would be very very handy if Raven could add a server side command to allow server to make spectator chat invisible to players.

what is wrong with the health update?

When your opponent pauses to ask health (I've yet to be on a server where people have just said the health before the end of the fight without being asked) just run up to attack him.

Frankly, I was very glad that the participants can see it. Sometimes you need to talk to the duelists and this allows it. Your opponent knowing your health level doesn't really matter to me. As either they'll be reckless (knowing they have double my health) and I'll be able to wittle them down while being careful. They'll be even more cautious knowing I have double their health, in which case I can press my attack to try and wittle them down. Or they'll keep acting the same.

It doesn't really matter, though I guess it could be annoying. I wish the game would tell the health of the victor afterwards, I like knowing how close I got to being the victor, but in the middle of the duel it never really bugs me.

Its definently useful at times but I dislike it overall. People who are fighting need to be fighting, not talking. ANd I have met a few lamers who told health which can get annoying at times.

When someone tells me my opponent has 2 health thats like someone telling me the answer to a trivia game. You can't "pretend you didn't hear" and yet it really ruins the game.

Ah, I was about to say i was talking about that the other day but it turns out you're the one posting :p

Anyway, I think it can be very severe if someone broadcasts your health.... what if you're actually doing not bad against a player who is very good, he's not gonig to be wreckless - he's going to know exactly what stance and how slow a pace to take while taking his health and your health into consideration. -_-

Anyway, even if Raven didn't put it in/will a simple mod could always do it i think. You can always tlak to players through your name, jsut have you're real name binded to a key.

:p

Archived