Home

Firefly: The Movie

Bob Gnarly

Actually, the cancellation was an effect of FOX's terminal stupidity. I would dearly love to see that Megacorp suddenly go under. :evil3:

Rumours of a Firefly Movie have been kicking around since the cancellation, with Whedon claiming the series as the favourite of his "children," and categorically not giving it up without a fight.

I am ambivalent though. Given the comments on the fan-base, it looks like Joss is planning/hoping to seat the movie firmly "in-continuity." That said, the typical Hollywood thing would require a reinvention of the series (to try to grab new viewers who've never seen Firefly and have no clue what it is, 'cause a "loyal, in-the-know fanbase" is something Hollywood studios have no real understanding of), which would place the movie firmly out of continuity, much like the Buffy movie (ReelBuffy) was to the Buffy series (RealBuffy).

Of course, there's "the Joss Factor" to consider. ;)

As one fan described it on Usenet:

The "Firefly" universe is a really weird place to throw people into with no warning. . . So, obviously, that's exactly what Joss is gonna do.
There's certainly enough material in the show to handle the more epic feel of a movie, what with River's "WTF did they do to her?" mystery, the Mal/Inara relationship, the Evil Alliance, the Blue-handed MiBs, and Book's mysterious past.

And I wanna see some gorram Reavers! And Kaylee. Preferably Kaylee. :hearteye:

Oh, and I'm:

1035594369_esThePilot.JPG

What Firefly Character Are You?

Archived