Home

Why do servers only appear on the master list SOMETIMES?

Enjoi9187

Enjoi,

I'm trying to figure out the same damn problem as we speak. I can't figure out for the life of me why I'm spending 40 bucks a month and my server doesn't even show up on the goddamn list.

The long term popularity of this game depends on server admins who come out of pocket to set up servers. You would think the least that Raven/Lucasarts could do was make sure that the servers list works worth a damn. Wow.

My server showed up for about 3 minutes and now it's gone again. There was a similar problem in JK2 that I vaguely recall, but I can't remember what the fix was. I seem to recall something about port numbers.

I demand that TPTB fix this problem immediately else I'll spend my money on another online game run by a company that can keep the freaking lights on.

Why?

Most people out there do not use ASE. I use to, I don't now.

If I am going to pay to run a server, I EXPECT that server to show up straight out of the box without expecting people to shell out more money just to see it? It it too much to ask that this work the way it should?

And someone mentions a patch. It took the first patch for JKO a month to come out and it royally screwed the game up. Raven has been notorious for this and I refuse to wait. A server side fix should be issued immediately.

A brief update.

This is from my server provider who shall remain anonymous:

Yes, it's a common thing right now.

As near as I can tell, Raven has instituted some new functionality which prevents people who are playing stolen/leaked versions of the game from being able to see the Master List or run servers online. As a result, it affects all the honest people, server to a point.

In watching the new servers appear over the last few days, I've come to the conclusion that it can take as much as two days for your server to appear consistently.

Not sure what it all means, but my server has shown up a couple of times and stayed on the list for a few minutes then disappeared again.

Come on Raven. What's your deal? I know you guys are lurking.

Check the sticky on server help.

I tried this and it worked:

(in the console):

net_port 29070

net_restart

(that's for the dedicated server)

net_port 29069

net_restart

(that's in game for the game I'm using to join with)

I also had to open ports 29060-29099 UDP&TCP and set my software firewall to "allow all connections" for JAMP.exe and JAMPDed.exe.

Meh, happens in more games than you think ;)

In AVP2 my cousin had a server running for it, could only be seen through the all seeing eye. Same with a ton of Counter-Strike Servers, you could spend a ton of time in the ordianry browser (in-game) and it would miss out about a 1000 servers :p

Anyway, The All Seeing Eye is just aobut the only thing I use to find servers, In game browsers, I thought, were always well known for missing thing.... That's why it was called the all seeing eye ;)

Still, JA is worse than most games.... also Raven do not need to patch the game jsut for that, it's all to do with their master server and I think suggesting a patch is just wishful thinking from people who are pro-premature patch that it will speed the release p if there was one. :p

EDIT: I can also see your server in ASE eye, i get a ping of 159 which aint too good but then agian it is an american server

Archived