Home

Darth Windu's Idea for SWGB2!

Darth Windu

Ok now I'm back.

Not very glad with what has happened here.

Although I'm not a mod(and god knows if I was I would ban some people here, no not you windu), I would like people to hear this.

Now, we are a peaceful forum although we did have some problems with each others, we never did this ever. This never happened before as long as I can remember.

You are welcomed here, no doubt, but you can't just come here and say:''I'm a zone player I get to say something the rest of the world can shut up!''.

Not even Viceroy went berserk with that fact.

This isn't a hitlist but still:

Girl:Getting here and calling us noobs isn't civil so when you said you TRIED to be nice...yeah...next time try harder.

IVIeGaTI2oN: Most of us dislike the zone. Too many jerks.

Syndic: Ha! So we aren't experts and we should just shut up? Oh yeah what's next? Blond people with blue eyes are perfect?

All others: Remember this: We have been playing the game on different levels and never bashed someone who wasn't good or a newbie. You should do the same. You may be good at RTS but we might own you in other games.

You all are welcomed here, no problem. We normally welcome new forumites without prejudice, you should learn also that we are trying to plan for SWGB2, you might not like it, it isn't our problem. The game doesn't look like what we would like it to be? We don't mind. We're just doing it for fun.

Windu just posted his ideas and you came over and instead of just argue a civilized way(like the rest of us), you started bashing on someone and disrespecting his opinions.

P.S: I'm trying not to be mean but if in real life all of you are pathetic geeks, you shouldn't be bashing anyone.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Syndic: Ha! So we aren't experts and we should just shut up? Oh yeah what's next? Blond people with blue eyes are perfect?

P.S: I'm trying not to be mean but if in real life all of you are pathetic geeks, you shouldn't be bashing anyone.

Read my post for a change, in case you misread it I'll spell out what I meant here:

Dont make claims you can't back up with facts.

Anyone can claim that AT AT's own airspeeders because 2/4 AT AT's got smashed in the movies, while they killed loads of speeders.

You try sending 12 fully upgraded Airspeeders on 4 fully upgraded AT AT's in-game and see what happens.

P.S.

It has been psychologically proven that people often find in others the traits and perks they despise in themselves. Maybe you should re-evaluate your "pathetic geek" statement?

Or back it up with facts, instead of making wild claims?

I believe that sufficiently proves my point. And on the record, being a newbie doesn't mean you are less then human. In fact, I'll train any newbie who politely asks me via ZM(CIR_Syndic).

Syndic - as Vostok said, im talking about SWGB2, not the original. Also, so what if i dont know about an online player? That means what to me?

If you read my post, you will notice I wasn't commenting on anything but your disregard of Pompei and the point of BALANCE in the game.

Not knowing about someone who left his handprint(along with mine) on the history of GBG might not mean anything to you, but to alot of people out there it would get you a severe social stigma.

As I stated before, I merely say that in relation to the original game plus the expansion, you should at the very least attempt to test your claims.

It is partly a reason why the Scenario Editor was implemented, though it got abused by people who have this peculiar inclination to turn a RTS game into a RPG game.

Well it's good to see the thread has returned to something resembling civility.

We un-enlightened who think Pompeii refers to the village destroyed by Mount Vesuvius obviously need to be educated. So Pompeii is an above-average RMer? What sort of "handprint" have Pompeii and your good self left on GB? Please, start at the beginning so we can fully understand the significance.

But those details aside, you should understand that we are going into the design of SWGB2 from an angle that although we are building on the work already done in SWGB1 we are changing many aspects. The Naboo and Rebel Air is just one aspect of this. Going by the movies, the variety of the Rebel Air Force along with their success in the various campaigns indicates they are far superior to that of the Naboo. SWGB1 does not adequately relect this as you have pointed out, with the Naboo being the stronger Air civ. This was obviously done as a means of balance in the original game, though that doesn't mean that doing things the other way will necessarily be unbalanced. We envision SWGB2 to be a very different game, not in style but in mechanics, so balance can still be achieved. Another similar example not yet mentioned, but one which I intend to work on in my plan, is the strength of the Republic's Air: although the Gunship is one of the best units in the Star Wars universe, it hardly means the Republic has a strong Air Force. I intend to weaken their Air yet strengthen their Mechs/Heavies, to bring things more in line with the movies. Of course things were done the way they were in SWGB1 or balance, but since our planned games work differently it doesn't necessarily have to be the same.

Well I definately don't want this idea in the next swgb2 game balance is all over the place. And your players like me,mega,nexu,host its not good to have no balance in a game and very annoying. Look at the CnC games people are fighting over there cause 1 civ dominates the rest and they have to make 10 patches just to solve the problems the designers made for themselves. We definately don't want this happening here I like the ideas but guys don't exspect everyone to like them if they are

1) Not balance

2) Have gameplay and not just realism to the movies

3) I think we can all say tech levels have to stay otherwise games will go to quick we need that boundary to keep the game fun and even.

-Was DS_Frozt but they r noobs.

We un-enlightened who think Pompeii refers to the village destroyed by Mount Vesuvius obviously need to be educated. So Pompeii is an above-average RMer? What sort of "handprint" have Pompeii and your good self left on GB? Please, start at the beginning so we can fully understand the significance.

Pompei if memory serves, started his GBG career when the demo came out - member of the SPQR clan that dominated the early GBG RM scene alongside Xx and later JoRt.

Pompei is the synonim(spelling?) for rushing to all RMers, just as Sidious_JoRt is synonim for booming to RMers. He is well-known for backing up his arguments with facts straight from a Scen Editor testing marathon. You could say Pomp left a nice handprint.

On the other hand, I left a not so nice handprint. In the early days of GBG when CIR had enough numbers so that there were usually 10-16 CIR members online at all times, a whisper was enough to cause a war. 14 wars happened to be exact, and 14 clans fell until CIR finally settled down.

Besides, throughout GBG's history some of the greatest players learned their game in CIR. The legendary Mame was(still is, he never retired) a CIR member, along with alot of others. Which is quite normal, since CIR recruited members at an alarming rate back then.

Now a days we make do with 10-15 people, a good solid core of gamers having fun, ressurecting the magic of Star Wars if not on the Zone, then atleast inside our clan.

-------

Concerning your ideas... What I'd really like to see, is a space-based RTS, something like Star Trek:Armada. Civs could, for example, be Galactic Empire, Rebels/New Republic, Yuuzhan Vong, Republic, Naboo and/or some other civ like Trade Federation.

They could even keep the concept of GBG - Troopers=TIE Fighters, Mech Destroyers=Dreadnoughts, Strike Mechs=Lancer Frigates, Assault Mechs=Star Destroyers, Granaders=TIE Bombers etc etc.

Im shure they could tweak it nice, hell they could build the game off GBG - tech levels, etc etc just change the graphics, names and balance things out alot = hit game.

Preferably, this time they would add some cash tourneys, and rated. :D

Oh, I thought by "handprint" you meant something everyone who plays the game can see, such as contributing to concepts that were incorporated into the game through the Expansio Pack and subsequet patch.

What you're referring to there is basically leaving a mark within the online gaming community, which I'm sure you're aware does not consist of every fan of SWGB.

Frozted- I for one am not suggesting anything that will seriously unbalance the game. A great balance for my ideas can be achieved through tweaking of costs, build times, etc, while maintaining the general guidelines I've set out. Now that Windu has thankfully abandoned his ongoing Gas requirement for Aircraft, it shows he isn't as stubborn as I thought he was and balancing issues within his plan can be addressed more seriously.

Syndic - as i have said before, i would love to see a SW space-based RTS in the near future, along similar lines to Star Trek Armada and Armada 2, both of which i own.

However, this thread, and others, and for the express purpose of a ground-based RTS, which is why we are calling it SWGB2.

go to Rise Of Nations......a game that came out in April this year.

There minimum specs were half of wat I have xcept the vid card.

Only 100 max play the game online because some idiots in the company put bad code or whatever but it lags so bad unless you have something like a 2ghz, 512mb ram, 64+vid card. Even with those specs it lags at times. And lets face it who has a top of the line computer? I say 15-20% of online gamers. Nothing more.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Syndic: I suggest you stop calling people noobs. It's insulting and annoying.

I suggest you get your facts straight. I never called anyone by name a newbie, nor implied that this forum is a newbie-enviroment.

You seem to have a grudge, shall we solve it like average gamers in-game, or like intellectuals over a game of chess? Or a third alternative involving a broom, an ass and the Force Pull power. ;)

I'm glad i missed this

er em discussion

the ones that just recently joined us are excellent players and i would gladly test my skills against them to see how i measure up

TIE Fighters

the empire actually have 5 that appear in the movie

check episode 5 check through all the asteroid scenes and you see that there is a variant of TIE fighter that can drop bombs but is not a TIE Bomber and we all know for a fact that Standard TIE fighters cannot drop bombs however this variant can do bombing runs.

Furthermore the Game DOESN' HAVE to be ground based it can have space elements if you check out my idea i've just recently posted the scale i would have for it

Originally posted by Syndic

Hey frozt why dont you hook up with me, CIR's a noob-free enviroment. :D We just take a few every now and then and train em up.

It's not a direct insult but it's a subliminal message.

Forgive me, I may have misread someone else's post and thought it was yours, but nevertheless, I hate people coming into a room and showing off their above-average skills.

Modesty is a great virtue.

Viceroy- You do know what a Tie Bomber looks like do you?

Viceroy - i suggest laying off the wacky weed while watching the movies. First you imagine seeing a TIE Defender in RotJ and now this! Can't be good for ya...

luke - i agree with you about Syndic (BTW Syndic, cut it out), also, i believe Syndic was referring to the upcoming game 'Empires of the Modern Age', not Empire Earth (although it is made by the same people, different engine)

Actually there are 6 types of TIE in the films the first one here

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/given/rb/needa.gif

it looks like a TIE but is a shuttle it's a little difficult to make out but you can tell it's a TIE

Careful Windu i might decide to report that if there is one thing i can't stand are drug takers smokers or people who have a trumped up opinion of themselves

ANother thing maybe you should check your idea on the subject of it

ARC Trooper – expensive and slowly built unit that is faster and with a longer LOS than standard trooper but slightly less range and firepower, can cloak and place small explosive charges on enemy vehicles and buildings

That is overpowered by an standard in red alert 2 that would be a super powered Tanya for your idea i only hope it is rediculously expensive or are you trying to overpower the republic the ARC Trooper were very limited and only about 30 of them were grown and after the battle of geonosis no more were due to the fact that jango was dead and they couldn't be trained by jango any more.

Viceroy - besides the extremely poor picture quality, that is a standard Imperial shuttle. As for the 'wacky weed' comment, i made it in jest in order to express my disbelief about how many things you can get wrong about the movies, when they appear pretty clear to me.

As for the ARC Trooper. Like Tanya in RA2? Sort of. Other units like that include the Navy SEAL, and also the SAS trooper in the upcoming Empires of the Modern Age.

As a special-operations trooper, the job of the ARC Trooper would be recon, like all other special-ops groups. Secondary missions would include sabotage of enemy buildings.

Although this may make the ARC Trooper overpowered, you have to remember it is expensive and built slowly, and if you decide to engage enemy aircraft, Jedi/Sith (although they are better against jedi than normal troopers) or mechs with them, you'd better have a lot of money because you'll need to train some new guys.

Viceroy - that is not a TIE variant by any stretch - for starters it has no solar panel wings. I agree it is not the same as the shuttle such as that used by the Endor Strike Team, but it is clearly not a TIE either. Obviously it is some kind of shuttle used mostly for short-distance ferrying between starships.

And there are only four TIE Fighter variants in the movies, no more, no less. Trust me on this, as Lord of Purists I am fully aware what is and is not in the movies. They are:

- TIE Fighter (first seen in A New Hope)

- Vader's Modified TIE Fighter, commonly understood to be the TIE Advanced X1 (first seen in A New Hope)

- TIE Bomber (first seen in The Empire Strikes Back)

- TIE Interceptor (first seen in Return of the Jedi)

Archived