Home

saber styles for .sab files

D8alus

You just make a single saber and that can be used as one or both of the dual sabers...if you mean a double bladed saber use SABER_STAFF...

In fact open up assets1.pk3, go into ext_data\sabers and read sabers.sab, it covers what all the bits of saber files do :)

in the sabers.sab there is the line saberstyle 3 (may not be 3 just with a number after it)

1 = blue

2= yellow

3= red

4 = fast yellow (2nd blue)

5 = fast red (2nd red)

6 = dual sabers

7 = staff

I actually did this for a dooku mod i made, Gave him saber style 6 with keeping only one saber :) works well but sometimes will default to single saber style again on ya.

this what you wanted ? :)

as for your question for .pk3 are you making sure to pack it back up from the ext.data folder ? so like ext_data/sabers/saber.sab

Originally posted by peloquin

in the sabers.sab there is the line saberstyle 3 (may not be 3 just with a number after it)

1 = blue

2= yellow

3= red

4 = fast yellow (2nd blue)

5 = fast red (2nd red)

6 = dual sabers

7 = staff

I actually did this for a dooku mod i made, Gave him saber style 6 with keeping only one saber :) works well but sometimes will default to single saber style again on ya.

this what you wanted ? :)

as for your question for .pk3 are you making sure to pack it back up from the ext.data folder ? so like ext_data/sabers/saber.sab

yes, and yes

I hate it when things arbitrarily don't work :confused:

ahh yes you're right :) Well if it were the case that you just wanted an npc to use a certain saber or style you can do that via the npc file for that character.

But if you want your character to use single saber with dual style, maybe try setforceall 9 which in outcast gave you the 2nd fast blue and 2nd red. I haven't looked at changing the sabers.sab for the purpose your asking as yet. Might have a look at it tonight.

There is a simpler way to do get a single saber using a lightstaff stance.

Use the console to give yourself a lightstaff, and then a single saber. If you use the "change stance" key after that, you'll find that you'll be able to use a single saber with a lightstaff stance.

Archived